Chapter seven

^^Hendo the dad and Trent the clueless bean, who I randomly decided to include in this chapter for no apparent reason.

Since London is literally pink right now I thought I better update this. I hate all refs. Refs hate arsenal. And I hate Tottenham. But hey ho, here I am writing fanfiction about them. Especially Danny Rose. Why do I do this to myself?

Since it's been a while, I recommend revisiting the end of chapter two. Don't have to, but if you've forgotten what happened there you might be confused for this chapter.

~.~.~.~

DELE

Perhaps if Jordyn had laughed at me, and said "told you so" like I'd expected her to, I would have known how to react, I wouldn't even have minded if she'd yelled at me. However, she said absolutely nothing, and barely even looked at me for the rest of the game. No more goals were scored, and it ended 4-3 to us, but I was still feeling moody as we walked off the pitch, and refused to indulge anyone in conversation.

It was unfortunate that in these moments, I became sulky and disagreeable. It was unfortunate that I felt angry at Jordyn without any good reason to be. It was unfortunate that I directed this anger at everyone else who came my way. It was unfortunate that Tami chose this moment to decide she had something of vital importance to tell me.

~.~.~.~

WELBZ

"I'm not gonna lie, that was pretty smooth from Jord."

"Rubbish," Danny snorted at my opinion. "It was just unlucky that Dele missed. I feel bad for him, poor Del."

"Nah mate, that's what you call mind games," I scoffed at him. "Come on, I thought you knew all about this."

"I do," he muttered, eyeing both of them as the whole team walked off the pitch, chatting tiredly to each other.

Jord and Dele were refusing to look at each other, no surprise there.

"Maybe you're right," he said, after a minute. "There's something going on with them, but I'm never sure if it's entirely hostile, or something else."

"At least they can connect on the pitch, today has proved that, if nothing else," I smiled a little. "We still going ahead with our plan, right?"

"Our bomb proof plan?" He smirked. "Of course!"

I chuckled.

"It's about as bomb proof as a house of cards, but okay."

"It's not just for fun now, in my opinion," Said Danny. "This is for the sake of the team. I mean, I guess Southgate could always send them both home if they really can't get along, but that would make everybody depressed."

"I know what you mean," I nodded.

"Hey guys!"

Both of us jumped guiltily, as Kyle surprised us from behind. He slung an arm around each of our shoulders, and began to walk between us.

"No need to look guilty, I already know what you're talking about."

Danny looked at him with wide eyes.

"Were we being that obvious?" He asked, horrified.

Kyle laughed at him.

"No, not really, don't worry. I've just been having similar thoughts myself, and, well. I know what you two are like."