8

Yoongi's shaky held onto Namjoon's tightly. Namjoon was beyond curious about what happened to him to make him suddenly so terrified of going to his house. He pulled the older closer and wrapped an arm around him, giving him the sense of security the pale boy desired. Yoongi smiled up at him, a reassuring smile to let him know that he was okay even though he wasn't. "I'm just cold," he lied. Namjoon nodded and took off his coat. "What are you doing?" Yoongi asked, pulling away from him. "You said that you're cold so here, take it," Namjoon replied, shoving the coat into Yoongi's bony fingers. "But then you'll be cold," the small boy argued. "So? I've had it most of the walk to my home and we're almost there now. It'll be fair and I'm not changing my mind, so put it on,"  Namjoon ordered stubbornly. Yoongi huffed but put the coat on nonetheless.

The coat was long on Namjoon and even longer on Yoongi. His small frame was basically drowning in the long coat which almost touched the floor. "It's a little too big," Yoongi mumbled. Namjoon only laughed at the boy and shook his head, taking his hand into his own again and continued walking to his house.

Once the pair got outside the white door, Yoongi's nerves and anxiety attacked him mercilessly. He began shaking much more, even though the coat was really thick and shielded him from any cold air. "You okay, Yoonie?" Namjoon asked. Yoongi smiled and nodded. "Y-yeah. Still just cold. Don't worry about it," he lied again. 
"You sure? We can talk about it if you~"
"I said I'm fine, Namjoon. Trust me," Yoongi cut him off. Namjoon sighed and nodded, taking off his shoes before opening the door. Yoongi took his shoes and followed after him.

"Mr Park, you're hilarious!" Yoongi heard Namjoon's mother, Mrs Kim, giggle from the kitchen. Yoongi laced his fingers with Namjoon's again, desperate for that previous feeling of security. Namjoon ruffled his hair. "It'll be okay, Hyungie. Don't worry.  I'll be right here," he comforted, quickly catching onto Yoongi's problem. Yoongi took a deep breath and nodded, detaching himself from Namjoon and threw his black hood over his head.

Namjoon guided Yoongi into the kitchen where Taehyung, Jimin, Hoseok and Mr & Mrs Kim were waiting for the boys. Yoongi froze once he made eye contact with Jimin, instantly diverting his gaze to the floor. Jimin didn't let up however and his eyes were glued to the petite pale boy. 

"Yoongi! How've you been!?" Mrs Kim squealed, standing up from her chair. Yoongi smiled at her and waved shyly, hiding behind Namjoon. "You're still so shy, Yoonie! Come over and give Eomma a hug! You know you've always been like a second son to me!" Mrs Kim demanded, opening her arms wide and invitingly for Yoongi to walk into. She squeezed him tightly and made him wince at the pain on his wrists but no one seemed to notice. 

She invited Yoongi and Namjoon to sit down at the table and turned over to the stove, saying something about cooking dinner. "No thanks, Mrs Kim. I ate before I came over," Yoongi politely lied and declined. He refused to eat, he was already fat enough in his opinion. Taehyung smiled at Yoongi and the older smiled back. "Hyung! Hi!" Taehyung greeted. Yoongi waved shyly again. Taehyung mentally cooed at him.

"Namjoon hyung, can we talk?" Jimin asked, his voice seemingly nervous.
"NO!" Yoongi quickly interrupted before Namjoon had the chance to speak. He knew, or guessed, that Jimin was going to tell Namjoon about the encounter on the rooftop earlier that day and that would have a spiral of effects. "No... um... I actually wanted to... show you... my... book?" Yoongi lied. Jimin instantly saw through him and shook his head. "Can it wait, hyung? This is important," he urged. 
"No! I... have something to tell you as well! Um... we can talk now..." Yoongi mumbled. Jimin raised his eyebrow and looked to Mr Kim for permission to leave the table. Namjoon's father nodded and Jimin and Yoongi left the kitchen, heading into the living room and sitting on separate chairs.

"Jimin, you can not tell anyone what you saw earlier, okay?  You don't know what will happen if you do," Yoongi said, his small voice hardly above a whisper.
"I do know, Hyung. You'll be helped out. You won't be in that type of situation again," Jimin argued, looking at the intimidated pale boy with stony eyes. "Jimin... do you think I wanted to be on that fucking rooftop?! Do you think I wanted to end my fucking life?! Jimin, you see me as some fucking depressed, freakish emo kid with bruises from fights! You don't fucking know shit, Jimin! Just stay the fuck out of this business!" Yoongi finally snapped, his fearful eyes suddenly darkening and his eyebrows furrowed in rage. 

Jimin tried to speak up but silenced himself, too shocked at the outburst. "And let's not forget who told me to kill myself," Yoongi stared daggers at the frightened boy. Yoongi felt powerless, he had no control over his mind or words, it was as if he was possessed. He hated the way Jimin cowered back in the armchair. "H-Hyung... I told you that I'm sorry! I really don't want you to kill yourself! I'm really really really sorry!" Jimin pleaded his apology over and over again like a mantra. Yoongi wanted to hug him and tell him it was okay, that it wasn't his fault, that he would be okay. But he couldn't. Just like on the rooftop, he had no control.

Yoongi grabbed Jimin's hair and wrapped his other hand around his throat. "You don't know shit about me, Jimin. You don't even know who the fuck I am~"

"SUGA!"