Certified Trainer

"Nice work today, Maya. I'll see you tomorrow?" I give a quick nod to my personal trainer, Lucas, as he congratulates me with with a quick pat on the back and walks off into the men's locker room.

I let out a groan as I start to feel the soreness of the aching muscles start to take a toll on my body. Desperately needing to relax, I head over to a vacant yoga ball as I carefully take a seat on it and start to dry off my sweat with a clean towel. I fling my towel onto my shoulder and afterwards, setting a 30 minute timer on my phone, decide to do some quick stretches as a solution to relieve some pain on my currently aching joints.

About 7 minutes in, as I was doing some rounds of toe touches, I turn my head to the side as my vision is blinded by the sunlight entering the gym as the blacked out door slowly opens to reveal a beautiful brunette whom of which I haven't seen before.

I definitely would've remembered a body like THAT..

I quickly stand up, ignoring the popping sounds my joints made, trying to get a better look at the petite girl approaching the sign-in counter.

As she turns around, her hair flips to the side and my breath catches in my throat as I get a good view of the girl's face.

She was absolutely breathtaking, as I just learned from experience, and her facial features were soft yet very well defined by her bone structure. Despite her being petite, she had curves in all the right places; one in particular caught my eye as she leaned down to pick up the pen she accidentally knocked off the counter.

As I notice the brunette start to turn about in my direction, I spin on my heel as I resume my stretches before she notices anything suspicious. I eye the room around me as, in my peripheral vision, I spot a sign that says,

"Fitness Well and Co. is offering free trials with some of our experienced trainers! Keep an eye out!"

Perfect.

I get back on my feet and glance around the room as I attempt to locate the beautiful brunette I was very keen on 'befriending'. My eyes stop at the treadmill area as I spot her starting to turn on the machine at its max level.

I make an attempt to muster up some confidence by doing some quick jumping jacks and fixing my hair by running my fingers through my blonde locks, despite it being drenched in sweat. Somewhat satisfied, I approach her with fake confidence and a smile plastered on my face.

"Hey!"

I await a response, only to notice she had Bluetooth earbuds blasting music into her ears. So, I instead resort to tapping her shoulder gently. She quickly turns around, somewhat surprised as she takes out an earbud.

"Can I help you?" She asks genuinely.

I eye her over subtly, enjoying the sight in front of me before looking back into her brown doe eyes.

"So, I don't know if you've seen the sign taped back there," I point over to the sign I had only noticed a mere 3 minutes ago. "But we are offering a free session for people who are interested. You in?" She raises an eyebrow and I notice her pondering over the question I had just asked her.

Suddenly, this seemed like a very bad idea. She probably wouldn't even be interested (in the session, that is) or see through my act right away. Hell, I don't even know how to train people! I don't know how Lucas does it, but I had to figure it out if she even decides to-

"Okay, sounds like fun!" She lets out a small giggle, instantly sending my heart in a flurry.

"Oh!" I'm caught off guard, now internally freaking out over what the fuck I was supposed to do now. I straighten my posture as I attempt to relax myself before I made a fool out of myself. "So I assume it's your leg day?" I smile, gesturing towards the treadmill machine set at its max level. In response, she gives a shy smile and nods.

"Okay, then lets just..do some squats?" I say in the form of a question rather than a statement. She tilts her head slightly, attempting to read me. "Squats? Any reason in particular?" I notice her lips slightly curve upwards, and not just because I was staring at them intently.

"Well we don't want you to cramp, or something, right..?"

"I guess so." She shrugs, making her way to the yoga area. She separates her legs slightly as she bends down in front of me, making my breath hitch.

"You good up there? You're not really saying much..as a trainer, that is." She continues her squats, looking straight ahead.

"Oh, um, yeah. Just keep doing what you're doing. You're doing great..trust me." I mumble the last part, looking down slightly. She giggles at my response, turning her head slightly to take a glance at slightly flushed expression.

"How is it possible that I'm the one working out, yet you're somehow sweating more than me?"

"Well.." I think quickly, coming up with an excuse. "I just finished my workout before you came in."

"So I caught your attention? Interesting."

"W-why interesting?"

She stands up, grabbing a towel from off the rack. "Oh nothing, Just making some observations." She hums nonchalantly, using the towel to dry her face.

"Observations?" I question, slightly tensing up.

"Yup. Things like, this gym smells really bad, half of the people here are taking pictures of themselves, the receptionist fell asleep, you're really hot, and most of the machines here are really old. Oh yeah, and you don't work for Fitness Well and Co."

My mouth drops open as I stare at her in surprise. How'd she even figure it out that quickly? I couldn't have been that bad..right? She laughs at my expression as she takes my water bottle from out of my hand and takes a sip. "I don't blame you, though. It's actually a really smart way of talking to your crush. Maybe I'll try it out sometime." She winks.

"How did you-"

"Sweetie, I created Fitness Well and Co. And I'm pretty good at remembering my employees. Tip for next time, just ask me out. I wouldn't have said no to someone that looks like that." She gestures at my figure, smirking as she looks me over. She raises an eyebrow, waiting for me to speak.

"Oh!" I clear my throat, getting the hint. "So would you..?"

"Of course I would, I'd love to go on a date with you. Now was that so hard?" I break into a grin, shaking my head.

She makes her way to the door, the same door I had just watched her gorgeous figure enter through mere minutes ago. She closes the door behind her, sending a cold gust of wind to enter the heated gym. She re-enters a few seconds later, though, scanning the gym until her eyes land on me. She raises an eyebrow suggestively, "You coming or what?"

I nod excitedly, running over to her as I intertwine her fingers with mine; spending the rest of the day with the beautiful brunette who caught onto my trick all too soon.

Who am I to complain, though, I got the woman of my dreams either way.