XXX

QOTC: just comment your thoughts, I'm so curious.

Listen to the song throughout the entire chapter, please.

"You can't blame me for thinking that!" I snapped, pushing Lydia's arms away when she tried to hug me

"You can't blame me for thinking that!" I snapped, pushing Lydia's arms away when she tried to hug me. "He was holding me and staring at me with this... This look and our lips were so close. We probably would've kissed. And then he goes on and tells her that he loves her? What kind of fucking bullshit is that?" Through tears, I grabbed the first thing my hands could find, which happened to be my clutch, and I violently flung it across the room.

It had become a routine. Each night, we would meet on the terrace at 12 am. Neither of us had to say it out loud, we just knew that we would find each other there.

And the previous night hadn't been any different. Even though the hotel had changed, there still was a terrace.

I had gotten out of my room at 12 am sharp, ready to spend some time with my favorite man, only to overhear him ending his FaceTime call with his wife.

"I love you, honey. Goodnight." He had told her, sending her a smile.

Hearing those words come out of his mouth, addressed to a woman that wasn't me, had made me feel nauseous, so I had pathetically returned to my room, locking myself inside and crying myself to sleep.

Lydia exhaled loudly, looking at me with her hands on her hips. "See? This is what I meant when I said that I didn't want you to get hurt again. And you know he has a wife, what the hell is he supposed to do? Tell her that he doesn't love her? Only because he's being nice to you? Come on, Alison, you're being ridiculous."

"There must be something! I can feel it when I'm with him! You really think I'm imagining things?" I argued frustratedly, for I felt as though she didn't believe me. But there was something between him and me.

"Ali—" She started, her voice soft, sympathetic.

I shook my head and pushed her away once more. "No, you leave me alone. I can't stand you looking at me like this." I opened the door and slammed it shut after exiting the room, directing myself towards the stairs to blow off some steam by walking.

But, since it was 8:30 am, the devil was haunting the hallway. Most likely alerted by the loud noise created by the door, he whipped around and saw me. "Alison, is everything okay?"

I completely ignored him, deciding to continue on my merry way instead.

His manly hand came around my arm, keeping me in place. He pulled me towards him and, upon hearing the sound of a lock turning, he quickly dragged me into his hotel room. "What's wrong?" He asked once we were alone.

I could've melted at the sound of his voice, which was so warm and tender. So caring. But no, he didn't deserve it. "Nothing. Just leave me alone, would you?" I hissed harshly, moving my arm out of his grasp.