Part 1

8 am Saturday 12 of March 

'Abigail Harris, 

we would like to formally tell you that you have been chosen as one of the other ten contestants to audition for one of the three spots on the Canadian Olympic team this year. You auditon for this will be held on the 3rd of April next month please fill in the form below if you choose to accept the chance to be on the Olympic team. 

Yours truly, 

Head of the Olympic team

Melanie Scot . ' 

I read the letter over and over again. I cannot believe it. What I have be training for my whole life. A chance to join the Olympic team. I filled in the form with my contact details and my personal details. then sent it on its way. There was no thinking as I filled in the form I had finally made it. This was my year. 

Beep. My phone went off. It was my brother. 

' Hey Abbie, guess what I got accepted in the Maple Leaves!' I replied to him straight away.

'I'm so happy for you, Cole . And guess what I got a letter from the head of the Figure skating team and I got an audition for one of the three places!' I smiled as I typed the message. If only mom and dad where hear both of our news. She wiped her tears. 

After arriving at the ice rink she changed and put on her skates. 

Stepping onto the ice, she breathed in the cool atmosphere. She felt peace out on the ice. Ever since she was little and held onto dads hand as she told her dad. 'its too slippery' she laughed at the memory once again wiping a tear away. She must now focus on her future. The one she always wanted. She would make her mom and dad proud. And skate in their honor. Always. 

She skated. With no music. Instead she skated remembering her mother and father. She skated smoothly on the freshly clean ice. Gliding and spinning on the ice. Just like always. 

"Just like you skated in Collage" A voice said. I frozen. I knew that voice. The voice that haunted me all the way though collage. I stood there facing the other side of the ice. I breathed heavily before turning around and seeing him. James Reed. My collage crush. We locked eyes. Before I broke contact skating off to the side of the rink. 

"What are you doin here James?" I ask as I change into my joggers and put on a jumper.

"I have join the local Hockey team. The Maple Leaves." I frozen looking back at him and seeing that he was wearing the jersey. Sh*t this was not good. My brother Cole had it in for him. For reasons I didn't know because Cole refused to tell me. 

"My brother has joined that team as well" I say as the words hung in the air. 

"I know. And so does he" he laughs. I close my eyes. No wonder Cole didn't give me the details. 

" I should go" I pushed passed him and went to my car in the carpark. This is not good. For the team and for my brother.