Part 2

I placed my hands on my face. staring at my phone and my brothers number. Should I call him ? Does he know about this. God if he doesn't know and I tell him what will he say to me? Panic filled me. Then I felt my phone vibrate. I looked down to see my brother Coles name come up on the screen. Oh sh*t.

I answered. Not saying a word.

'Hey sis are you there.?' 

'yea' I stutter

'whats wrong?' he asked 

'nothing...' I said. 

'ok? anyway, I cannot believe it apparently James Reed has joined the Maple Leafs' he said. I freeze again and breathed heavily. Calm down its not like you talked to James I laughed to myself. I am so dead. 

'Sis?' he asked. 

'Yea I umm' I didn't know how to tell him that I had already known that. 

'Hey its ok you can tell me anything' I closed my eyes praying he will forgive me. 

'He can to the rink today so I know that he areee.... has joined the team'. I said in a near whisper. 

He was silent. 

'What did he say to you?' I knew this was the moment. The moment I could tell my brother that I wanted to kiss him and wanted him. 

'nothing'. Somethings are left unsaid. And from the start I knew my feelings for James Reed where wrong but I couldn't help myself. His perfect smile. Tanned and toned chest. Seriously how could a girl not like him. Well there was one thing for sure. James Reed would never. NEVER know how I feel about him. That's a promise. 

'I have to go Cole sorry I have to go' I say wanting this nightmare to be over. 

'Ok, bye little sis' then he hangs up. I feel my breathing turn back to normal. 

Breath Abbie. Breath. Figure skating that is what you want not the handsome delicious man who is in the ice rink. He is dangerous and mean and did something to your brother and hes sexy- NO! I cant think those things. For myself. My brother. And my life. 

-Next Day- 

As I stepped onto the ice

As I stepped onto the ice. I had a lot of things on my mind. But I started to skate to the music doin turns and spins and jumps. I gave myself completely to the music. Not thinking. Just feeling. And feeling only. 

-----------

'papa I cant don't make me' As little me looked over at him a metre away from me on the ice. 

'you can do it pumpkin just one foot then the other, come on' he beckoned me to come to him. I shook my head making my ash blond braids flicking into my face then back onto my shoulders. 

'I promise pumpkin you will not fall, I will catch you. I aways will' papa looked at me with a smile on his face and with his arms open wide. I looked at his arms then to the ice then back up at him. 

'promise?' I asked in a small voice. 

'yes pumpkin I promise, I always will' he smiles. I step forward my small legs holding me up shakily then I did it again then again. I finally got to papa. With a huge smile on my face 

'I did it I did it!!' I chanted, my father laughing. 

'yes you did my pumpkin'.  he hugged me tightly. 

------------

I felt his arms around me and his soft deep voice saying my name as I stood on the ice rink staring at the spot where I first skated. Tears going down my cheeks, silently. I rubbed my eyes. His words echoing in my mind leaving a mark in my memory forever.