8 | collared criminals

𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐈, 𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐖𝐀𝐍

𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐏𝐄𝐈, 𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐖𝐀𝐍

ELEANOR

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

It was the second time that week that I had woken up with woozy eyes and a parched throat. It was the quiet buzzing against her head that had woken me up this time, the feeling rattling my brain altogether. As soon as I woke up, I reached to my neck to feel the soreness along my skin and sharply hissing my fingers prodded at it. I drifted my gaze to the moving blurred skyscrapers from the limousine judging by the longness of the vehicle, understanding that we had arrived in Taiwan. If I weren't in a hostage situation, I would've admired the pixelated banners and street-life outside. 

My eyes landed on the smartly dressed figure in front of me, focusing on his outstretched hand that held a sizzling glass of amber liquid that I needed to quench my thirst. But I was scared that he had drugged it too so, I refused the offer.

'There's nothing in it,' he said, raising a short-lived hand to explain his point. 'I promise, don't want you sleeping for this one.'

I snapped my gaze to the red satin that wrapped around my body like a tight bandage and my legs having strapped on a tall pair of peep-toe heels. I used my zip-tied hands to feel my lips and catching a red smudge against my fingertips. I shot him a glare. 

'You're going to sell me off to the highest bidder?' I asked with darkness in my voice and an impending fear. 'Is that your plan: to sell my body?'

It took him a good minute to understand my over-thinking brain and shook his head as if he recollected something. A smile played on his lips that I simply wanted to slap off.  Glancing back at the dress, I realized that there was no way Zeke could've worked this dress up my body by himself. The man didn't know the difference between lipstick and lip balm. It must've been Sasha to give the feminine whirl to my battered body.

'Do you remember when I took you to that mansion of ours?' He said, reliving a memory. 'It was your first year completing your first job, and you thought I did the same because I made you buy clothes for yourself and everything.'

'I honestly didn't think you'd remember,' I answered back in the littlest voice. I was in disbelief and he felt it. 'All I thought about was taking that one shortcut to the backdoor and running.'

'I remember every night with you from four years ago,' he said, leaning forward to get a better look at me and completely ignoring my scarring statement. 'Every night from the moment you cried like a tot before you drifted off. Even the nights you didn't and managed to satisfy me,' he smirked. 'If you know what I mean.'

My jaw tightened at the vileness. When I started to realize how flawed our relationship was, I took no pleasure in bedding him. I felt used and couldn't bring myself to revel in the false delight he was bringing me. I forced myself to fall out of love, the hardest thing I had ever had to do in order to pull myself back up. Every night from then, I remembered belching my guts out into toilet bowl in the sheer repugnance of his touch. I couldn't sleep next to a man with blood on his hands and a stone for a heart.