CHAPTER 3: One and Only

⚠️May trigger people...Mature Content...[If you feel queasy when suicidal thoughts are mentioned then read at your own discretion]...⚠️

ANAIEL

They found me...again...

You knew they would...even if you were dead...they wouldn't leave your body safe...

I though I had some time left. Sadly, thoughts never counted. It was something of an adventure, my life. I was wrong to have ever trusted my luck. What had I been thinking?

The woven star...the woven star dangled from the tree just above my eyes...I took it and saw the vision I was meant to see...the "example" as they had labeled it laughingly...my house...my foster home...burnt down to the ground with no remnants...

My hands shook when I fumbled with the doorknob. Tears of frustration stained my cheeks while I slowly and gracefully went inside making sure to be quiet.

Nothing matters...you've done it again...anything you touch turns to ash...You're a curse...

I couldn't keep the words from reverberating through me. I was stunned. I was shocked. Most of all, I was hypnotized in the dream of something lost so much so it felt foreign.

"Ana...remember I love you..."

You're a detestable creature! 

An Abomination!

"No."

Tears turned to blood in my hands. My blood chilled. It was... an all consuming feeling of hopelessness...

Just Die!

My eyes opened to meet a woman wearing medieval clothes standing with a scowl to match a murderer. Her eyes were clear umber, and her hair a deep coal. Her brows knitted with disgust while my body spiked with goosebumps. 

"W—Who are you?"

The naked terror was evident in my stutter. Moreover, I could not disguise the sense of devastation cracking my soul. She only looked at me with contempt in her eyes. The seething hatred I saw bleeding in them was...raw.

Die! You deserve to die! Just like the others! You never deserved anything!

My eyes widened in horror when I heard the woman's words. Was I hallucinating?

That is something you would certainly do...after all you're a pathetic woman...foolish...and miserable...

Yes, I was miserable. Yes, I knew what kind of a woman I was.

Then die!

"No."

I repeated the word in my head over and over and over. But it didn't hold. I tried to find something... anything to hold off the woman. The demeaning persona kept at her condescending speech.

Die! You're a killer! It's all your fault!

Was it really all my fault?

Die!

What would Riel say?

Die!

"No." 

I couldn't think beyond. My brain was muddled and getting desperately close to a nightmare. I could no longer think a coherent sentence. My mind was riddled with scenarios of my death.