CHAPTER THREE

GIRLS NIGHT OUT

[ CHAPTER THREE: PARTY INTERRUPTIONS ]

"I AM HIP TO YOU LITTLE MISSY"

⟡⟡⟡⟡

IT WAS DIFFICULT TO CONVINCE HER MOM TO LET HER SLEEPOVER AT JULIE CORKY'S HOUSE, BUT SHE FINALLY AGREED AFTER A WHOLE CAR RIDE OF BEGGING AND A FEW CHORES. Ramona was getting a little worried that she wasn't going to be able to make it, but after she cleaned up her room, washed the dishes, and helped fold some laundry, she was finally given the okay. It was a buttload of work, but so totally worth it for her first sleepover.

Ramona quickly packed an overnight bag making sure to include the essentials and some more random things, not knowing how the night would turn out. She felt like a spazz as she quickly typed in 'what to bring to a sleepover' into her computer's search engine, but she'd rather be prepared than not. Zipping up the bag, she threw the long strap over one of her shoulders and made her way to the livingroom where her parents were sitting with her brothers.

"I'm ready." Ramona said out loud, the nerves seeping through her mouth. Her mom turned towards her with a small smile before getting up and walking to the garage door. The two buckled up and drove the ten minutes to the Corky house.

"Remember, if you need to come home at any time, call me and I'll be out the door in seconds." Her mom reminded her once again for the second time this car ride. Although Ramona was a little annoyed at the constant worrying, she still nodded along knowing her mom just wanted to keep her safe.

"I will mom, no worries." Ramona reassured with a grin. She quickly leaned over the arm rest in the middle and kissed her mom on the cheek.

"I'll see you in the morning, I love you!" She called out as she jumped out the door racing to meet up with the Yancy and Farrah who were getting dropped off together.

"I love you too!" She heard her mom call out the passenger window, turning to wave quickly before meeting up on the front step.

"Hey guys." Ramona gushed, throwing her duffel over her shoulder. The two girls replied with the same enthusiasm before the door opened revealing Julie and Hannah who shared the same wild grins.

⟡⟡⟡⟡

The sleepover was already the best thing Ramona had ever been to. She never realized having friends would be so much fun. Eating junk food, doing each other's nails, and dancing to loud music was what the sleepover mostly consisted of. They had even photo altered a picture of Russell onto a random muscular guy body which the girls had a kick out of teasing Ramona about. The Asian girl just rolled her eyes but smiled at the dorky picture of Russell on Julie's computer. She couldn't remember the last time she had had such a great time with people who weren't her family, it was nice. 

"I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want~!" The girls sang out along to the Spice Girl's hit song Wannabe with matching wigs. Ramona was naturally Posh and she flipped her long sleek wig over her shoulders multiple times as she danced to the song. 

Farrah, Yancy, and Hannah were dancing along with her while Julie ordered the pizza. Bumping her hip against Hannah's the young girl felt her cheeks hurt from laughing.

"Hi, two large pepperoni, two with pineapple and barbecue, and one with..." Julie said loudly into the phone trying to sound louder than the music blasting in the background.

"Anchovies!" Farrah called out making Ramona fake gag.

"That is so rank!" She teased Farrah, before pressing her ear back into the home phone. "The dead little stinky fish. Okay, thanks." 

The girls continued to dance, only to stop when they heard the doorbell ring. 

"That better not be Spongebob." Julie rolled her eyes as she took of her wig, the rest of the girls doing the same before following her downstairs. Ramona felt herself perk up at the mention of Russell and smoothed down her hair which she took out of her buns when she put on her wig.

The girls raced down the stairs laughing about one thing or another, before Julie opened the door with pursed lips expecting the skater boy and his posse. What they were definitely not expecting was the patrol tech security guard standing outside with a suspicious look on his face.

"So, who's responsible for all the sound?" 

"You're not our usual Rent-a-cop." Julie stated with furrowed brows. Ramona felt her lips turn up at her nickname for the patrol officers.

"Chuck had a breakdown. Chuck was weak. This whole-" The security guy turned around suddenly making all the girls check behind him, curious as to what he saw (which was nothing). 

"This whole zip code is now my domain, and I am hip to you, little missy. Got a call about excessive noise...keep it down."

Spotting the can of coca-cola in Julie's hand, the patrol tech officer shined his flashlight down at the can quickly. 

"May I?" He asked before grabbing the can out of Julie's hands, making Ramona scoff. He stuck his finger in the aluminum opening and licked it. 

"It's a coke." Julie deadpanned. 

The patrol tech made a funny noise, before taking a sip out of her can which made Ramona's mouth open in disgust. Even worse, he began to gargle the carbonated liquid in his mouth before spitting it back in.

"Yuck." Julie said as he handed the can back to her before saying a quick bye and shutting the door in his face. The girl's made a face at one another communicating how gross that just was.

They laughed as the door closed before making their way to the staircase. Stopping once more as the door rang again, they all rolled their eyes at the thought of the guy having more to say to them.

"What's with this guy?" Julie exclaimed before being stopped by Hannah.

"Let me get it this time."

Hannah opened the door slightly before opening it even wider so the group could see who was at the door.

"Staci? What are you doing here?" Hannah guffawed as the tall blonde walked into the Corky house.

"Todd and I hooked up, so we decided to skip the dance." She said nonchalantly as she walked into the house like she owned it. "Okay, you guys have done the makeovers, the website vandalism, and the frozen bra, right?"

"Um...yeah." Julie replied, still confused as to why Staci decided to come over.

"So, let's get this gala started." Staci said with a grin as she headed up the stairs leaving all the girls confused as they followed her up