CHAPTER FOUR

GIRLS NIGHT OUT

[ CHAPTER FOUR: A HUNT ]

"IS THIS A GOOD IDEA"

⟡⟡⟡⟡

"YEAH, SEND IT." Staci said into her phone, before flipping it closed and beginning to type into Julie's computer. Ramona just felt irked by the whole situation. They were having loads of fun, and here comes Staci to ruin it all. On top of that, Julie didn't even mention how rude it was that she immediately took control of her bedroom, only asking what was going on.

"That was Liz. She's having a party, too."

"We heard." Hannah deadpanned.

"So, we decided to put together a little hunt." She grinned before turning to her left and looking Yancy up and down with a frown. "Who are you?"

"Yancy. I'm Yancy. We had P.E. together all year."

"You're orange." Staci let out before turning back to Julie and Hannah.

"Oh my god, Yancy, you are orange. You used too much presto tan." Farrah gasped.

Yancy quickly ran to the bathroom upset, Ramona following close behind. She didn't want the girl to be by herself, it was just cruel the way Staci treated her. Yeah she was orange from the tanning cream, but she didn't have to be so mean about it.

"Here, use this." Ramona grabbed Julie's face wash out of the shower before pumping two pumps into Yancy's wet hands. Tucking the strands of hair framing her face behind her ears, Ramona waited patiently with a towel as Yancy washed off the orange substance.

Handing her the towel as she finished rinsing off her face, Ramona sent her a supportive grin. She didn't want Yancy to feel embarrassed or outcasted about her little screwup, these things happen.

"Let's get back." Ramona said as she and Yancy passed Julie and Hannah who were having a private conversation outside her room.

"What's going on?" Ramona and Yancy asked Farrah as Staci ended a video chat with her clones.

"We're doing a scavenger hunt, winner eats at the fountain next year." Farrah whispered with a squeal. Ramona smiled back at her, obviously not sharing the same enthusiasm but still supporting her friend. She really didn't care about the fountain, but if it was exciting to Farrah, it would be exciting to her as well.

"I'm gonna start a profile for the date safe match." Staci said typing away on Julie's computer. She quickly made an account with some random email and just began to create the actual profile when Julie and Hannah walked in.

"I had to promise Ren, fifty of my Hot Dog on a Stick dollars to cover for us." She sighed as she walked back to the desk where the girls were huddled around.

"She's getting us a neat-o date for tonight." Yancy shared a grin with Julie.

"'Neat-o'? Pull yourself back into this century." Staci bit back with a sneer and a laugh. Ramona wanted to flick those smug lips off her face.

"Is this a good idea?" Julie questioned with a concerned frown.

"This site is totally safe." Staci reassured. "Okay, what should our name be?"

Looking around the room, Staci's eyes landed on Julie's calendar. "June. Occupation?"

"Tree surgeon." Julie said with a smile. Ramona felt her lips pull up at her simple answer. "What?"

"Swimsuit model." Staci rolled her eyes. "Okay, we're brunette. Five seven. Hobbies?"

"Dancing."

"Sewing."

"Listening to music." Ramona offered.

"Eating cheese." Another grin from Julie. "Kidding."

"Sitting...on the beach. 'I'm looking for someone way gorgeous to buy me a drink tonight at the Cosmo Club.'"

"Wait, we have to get into the Cosmo Club?" Farrah asked trying to wrap her head around this task. Ramona was a little confused as well, how were five fourteen year olds going to sneak into a club?

"Um, how exactly are you going to be a tall, brunette, swimsuit model?" Julie asked Staci with a frown.

Staci grinned at the curly haired girl. "I'm not. You are."

"Me?"

"Yes, you." Staci reassured.

"Me?"

"Is she broken?" She asked looking towards Hannah when Jules asked once more.

The computer binged only after a few minutes which made Staci light up with excitement. Ramona frowned at the idea of some old guy trying to hit up Julie, she wasn't really comfortable with the idea.

"Dave. Handsome. Oooh. Hobbies include reading, hiking, sunsets, and cliff diving. He's perfect. He'll be wearing a brown jacket with a red tie." Staci read out his profile only to be stopped by Yancy.

"What does the blue ribbon mean?" She asked.

"It means he's been verified by the site. He's okay." Ramona frowned at the thought of some verified guy okay with meeting up with some girl who isn't verified at all, sounds pretty desperate or a total weirdo.

"And plus we'll all be sticking together, right?" Farrah questioned, although more so reassured everyone as Julie looked a little concerned about one of their tasks.

"Honk, honk. Outside. Got the beamer, let's get out of here." The sound of Liz's voice came from Staci's phone that was sitting on the desk.

"Coming." She semi yelled into her phone before reaching for her bag and standing up. "See yah."

"Wait, where are you going?" Julie called out as the girls followed Staci to the bedroom window.

"You didn't seriously think I was going to be on your team, did you? First team to complete all the tasks and show up at the high school parking lot wins the spot." Staci spoke with a smirk.

"But, we don't have a car." Ramona said concerned.

"Then, you lose." Liz's annoyingly preppy voice came once again from the phone.

"We'll get a car, and we'll get the fountain spot." Hannah declared confidently into Staci's phone.

"Pleathers."

"Posers."

With that, Staci made her way out the window and onto the roof of the first floor. She jumped onto the arbor before climbing down the wooden wall and disappearing into the night. Ramona simply watched the girl leave them with a weird feeling in her stomach. They were gonna win that fountain spot, even if she had to swoop in and steal it right from Staci and Liz's perfectly polished hands.