CHAPTER 4: LIGHT IT UP

DISCLAIMER: I WILL NEVER, EVER, EVER, IN THE EXISTENCE OF FOREVER, OWN THE FRANCHISE THAT IS MY HERO ACADEMIA! WHY? WELL, BECAUSE I SUCK!

CHAPTER 4: LIGHT IT UP
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THIRD POV
THE NEXT DAY, Kasai didn't really bother with interacting with anyone. She was still upset with yesterday's results, though, she should have expected it. I mean, her brother gained training from her father since he was a kid while she did her own training, and she barely took it seriously by last year.

But the growing jealousy and resentment towards her brother wants her to be the best, to beat him. She finds it sickening that she despises her twin brother, especially with something as petty as attention. And as contradicting as it is, she does despise him.

She wants that attention, she wants that praise, she wants the expectation of being a great hero. Instead, she's seen as a failure, seen as someone unimportant, seen as someone with no expectations. She wants the recognition that she could also become a hero.

So, as the day started they participated in normal classes. From English class, to Math class, to Japanese studies, all the way to lunch. Whenever Kasai actually got the questions right, she stayed silent and allowed Yaoyorozu to answer. Japanese studies was her favorite 'normal' class so far because it's basically history.

Besides from that, it was pretty hard to ignore her brother when he was literally sitting right next to her. Whenever she glanced up, she caught sight of him in her left peripheral vision. A silent boy named Koda sat in front of her while Ochaco took her right, they were nice, but Kasai didn't bother with pleasantries. She kept her head down and stayed silent, it was like that til the hour of lunch.

Walking into the great mess hall, she bought today's special of white rice along with a can of apple juice. Finding an empty table, she maneuvered her way towards it and sat down. Well, she and Bakugou sat down at the same time, only noticing the other when they did. Once her turquoise eyes met his red ones, she glared.

But overall, she didn't say anything. Not even when a small group consisting of the red head, the elbow tape, the pink girl, and a blond with a black highlight sat with them. She basically ignored all of their existences. From what she can tell, Bakugou did the same.

Lunch ended fairly quickly, much to her relief. So, now she's back in her homeroom and awaiting for today's lesson of foundational hero studies. Sitting patiently, she waits for the door to open and reveal her homeroom teacher, wanting class to start already. However, she didn't have to wait long.

But it wasn't the same teacher from yesterday.

It was All Might instead.

"It's me! Through the door like a normal person," he exclaims, walking, or prancing, into the classroom.

She does admire his silver age costume, silently, as the majority of the class marvel at the number one hero. However, she doesn't really stare in awe at the hero, she doesn't really care for him. Sure, she's grateful that he saved Bakugou last year from the sludge monster attack, not that she'll ever say it out loud. Though, other than that, she doesn't care. Even if he is the symbol of peace, the interest she has for him is zilch. Zero. Nothing.

"Foundational Hero Studies! For this class, we'll be building up your hero foundation through various trials! You'll get tons of credit for it! Let's jump right in with this! The trial of battle," All Might informs with a bright grin.

And for the first time today, Kasai grins. A grin full of anticipation and excitement. A grin so big that it hurts her cheeks, she's basically gripping the edges of her desk, so much that her knuckles are turning white. Her bad day just got better.