CHAPTER 11: SCORCHING BLAZE

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN MY HERO ACADEMIA, BUT I DO OWN THIS VERY LIT STORY AND JUST AS EQUALLY AMAZING CHARACTER - KASAI TODOROKI!

Enemy Fire by Bea Miller

CHAPTER 11: SCORCHING BLAZE

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THIRD POV

THE SOUNDS OF cheering filled Kasai's ears as she stood in the arena once again, out of breath. But the exhaustion was with an overwhelming sense of victory. She crossed that finish line and despite her placing, she felt proud of herself. Huffing to regain her breath, she steps forward and follows the green haired boy who managed to steal her win at the last second. Of course, she's still angry that she didn't win the first event, but he did manage to outsmart her and she'll give him that. 

"Midoriya Izuku! His will be a name to know," Present Mic yells, announcing the winner of the race which makes the crowd in the stands roar with enthusiasm. 

Glancing over her shoulder, the pale haired Todoroki gives a smirk towards the two other boys who were just as determined. 

"And now, they're steadily crossing the finish line. One after the other! We'll compile their results later. So for the time being, enjoy your breather," the blond pro hero announces.

Taking her turquoise eyes off her rivals, she closes her eyes and breathes in, inhaling what her lungs are desperately yearning for. With every breath, the girl can feel her muscles relax, her heated body cooling off. Slouching to rest her hands on her knees, Kasai ignores the congratulatory comments given to Midoriya from his friends, and instead focuses on calming her body. To say, that race was the fastest she ever ran, pushing way past her limits. 

Opening her eyes, she glances at the tunnel and watches as Yaoyorozu stumbles in with Mineta latching on to her lower back. The Todoroki sympathizes with the ravenette, to have such a vile person like him clutching on to you, well she would have burned him the moment he laid a finger on her. No one touches her without her permission!

"And so it's over! Now everyone, here are the results!" Midnight yells, gaining their attention. 

1st - MIDORIYA IZUKU

2nd - TODOROKI KASAI

3rd - TODOROKI SHOTO

4th - BAKUGOU KATSUKI ...

The girl didn't care for the rest of the results because she was too busy grinning in victory. The sense of accomplishment made her heart swell at the little win. She beat him, she actually did it! Oh, she was over the moon right now. Years of trying to outshine him and she finally did it with an obstacle race, even better that their father was there to witness the whole thing! Oh, she's happy, so much that she laughs in content, giving a small whoo

Now, all she has to focus on is beating him throughout the whole festival, and come out as the winner.

"The top forty-two have earned the right to advance! I'm sorry for the kids who failed, but have heart! This festival's showstopper is still being prepared! And now for the post-preliminaries, the final selection! From here on out, even the press corps will teem in a white heat of excitement, so go all out," Midnight yells, informing the crowd as she stands on her small stage. "Now then, onto today's heart-pounding second event! I already know what it will be, but the suspense is killing me! What could it be? Well, I'll tell you! Behold!"

The holographic screen, once again, shows their challenge.

'HUMAN CALVARY BATTLE!

The pale haired girl quirks a confused brow. She understands the words separately, especially battle, but together it makes no sense. She's not the only one confused, and for that she mentally sighs in relief, as she hears kids murmur behind her in hushed tones. She can see a point of being paired in groups, but to battle everyone by themselves, well, that's utter chaos.