CHAPTER 10: BLISTERING HEAT

DISCLAIMER: I MUST BE A SPORTS PLAYER BECAUSE I AM IN THE ZONE! BUT NO, I'M NOT AND I ALSO DON'T OWN MY HERO ACADEMIA!!!

Firebending gif (imagine Kasai using this)

Starfire by Caitlyn Smith

CHAPTER 10: BLISTERING HEAT

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THIRD POV 
IT WAS FINALLY here, the day of the sports festival. Everything was in full motion. Kasai saw and sighted the many different stands that were displayed. People filled the space as they ventured to a variety of vendors and bustled towards the arena. The white haired teen feels excited, thrilled even. Especially now that she got in control with her negative emotions, nothing has her distracted. She's concentrated and ready for her moment to shine. 

The girl wanted check out the stands of food and fanfare, but she had her priorities in check. Reminded herself not to get distracted with the miscellaneous items on display. So, with reluctance, Kasai made her way towards the assigned waiting room for class 1-A. For the event, she and the rest of the school's students had to wear their fitness uniform. However, since she filled out the permission form, she's wearing her white costume and fire retardant boots. Something helpful, and hopefully something to give her the extra edge, especially when she's burned so many shoes in the past. 

So, as she walks in to the waiting room, she immediately sees two tables. Most of her class is crowded around one, so she naturally goes to the other table which so happens to hold her fellow hothead. Levitating towards the empty seat, she sits down and nods towards Bakugou in silent greetings, and a nod of acknowledgement to Kaminari and Hagakure. 

When the waiting gets too long for her, Kasai begins to drum her long nails on the table, creating a repetitive beat. She continues this for several long second until she receives a kick to the shin. Stopping, she instantly glares at the ash blond to her left knowing that he was the one to kick her. 

"Stop being fucking annoying," he scoffs.

"Tch, whatever," she smirks.

Though, the hushed conversations throughout the room are interrupted with the class president.

"Everyone, are your preparations complete?! We're set to enter in no time," Iida exclaims.

The girl shakes her head at the boy, she finds that he fits the president role perfectly. She could never keep people in check like he does, or be prepared for every situation. Sure, she adapts quickly, but to her, Iida always seems ready for whatever situation. He takes measure and is always willing to help, she never do that - she doesn't care enough to worry about the other people in her class.

"Damn, I really wanted to wear my costume," the girl hears Midoriya say from the other table. 

"They're disallowed so as to even the playing field," Ojiro tells the green haired teen. 

Kasai can see that, Unlike the Heroic students, the ones in General and Support, even the Business kids don't have a costume to wear. So, to make everyone stand in equal standards, they only allowed the students to wear their fitness uniforms. They only had their quirks to help them stand out, no flashy costume wear. The girl wasn't deterred by that fact, she had a plan to stand out and shine no matter what. 

"MIdoriya," Shoto's voice makes the girl visibly flinch as she snaps her head in his direction - narrowing her eyes. "On an objective basis, I think I'm above you in terms of practical strength."