I DO WHAT I WANT

Chapter 3: I do what I want

"Who invited the party pooper?",. Veronica said condescendingly looking down at me. I just got up calmly and just walked away ignoring her.

"Yeah! You better run away Naina!! Escape from reality that's what you do best and by the way you look hideous in that cheap dress", she said. By now she had pushed all the buttons so I didn't do anything wild but instead I just raised my middle finger towards her and walked away.

"This isn't the last Naina I'll get my revenge", she said threatening me I just waved and said "We'll see about that", and left.

I just wanted to leave like ASAP but I didn't want to ruin the night for my friends so I just requested one of my running group's guy Pravek to drop them off and just left.

I didn't want to go home yet as my parents might think that something's wrong and would have a Q and A session with me. I just got in my car and connected my phone and the song One Call Away came on. I just drove and just went to the open ground next to the school. Whenever I'm angry I run so with a lot of difficulty I jogged in a dress. I knew that my friends will kill me once they get to know that I left but I just couldn't stand another minute at the party.

I just finished a 400m lap when I stopped to take a break. "Here take this", I saw a hand handing me a bottle of water. I just jumped and was shocked to see Anmol standing there handing me a bottle of water.

"Wait! How did you know that I was here?, I asked in a slightly angry tone." Are you stalking me? You know that I don't like it and.... I was cut of by him shushing me." I saw you leaving in a foul mood so I thought that I'll check up on you and saw you here. So you wanna continue running?" He asked me. "Nah I can't in this dress it freaking uncomfortable that's why", I said dryly while sitting down on the grass. He took a seat next to me and said," Yeah I get how uncomfortable you are with that dress but you do look beautiful today". I cringed on the compliment and said," Don't call me beautiful or cute again if you value your life", I said threatening him and punching him on his shoulder.

"I guess you should get back to the party Cols", I said." Yeah you are right but I can't leave you alone and it seems you really need some company Ms. Damsel in distress", he said jokingly." How dare you?" I said and tackled him but he let loose and was running away from me. He was an amazing athlete and was very runs fast too. As I wasn't in a mood to run I sat down again and he came back once I assured him I won't kill him

We were laughing hard." So you want to become a professional runner Naina?" He asked." Running is just my passion, I want to pursue my career as a graphic designer", I said." Oh, I didn't know that you draw! Judging your nature no one can guess. So tell me when can I call you to paint a portrait of me", he said with a grin on his face." Never in your wildest dreams and stop flirting with me no point of it at all. Go date someone from your fan club", I said directly to him and shot him a dead look.

" Aww please don't hurt my feelings", he said with puppy dog eyes." So not happening", I said and I was just lying down on the grass. After what felt like an hour we got up and I bid adeiu to Anmol and drove back home. I tip toed back and changed quickly and went to bed. I was lying down looking at the blank pitch black room and I just thought about what happened. Me and Anmol so not happening at all it was so cliché the movies and fanfics to. I just hated cheesy stuff ughh disgusting the thought of it only makes me cringe.

I look at my phone and as I expected millions of messages from Samyu and Amanda. I ignored it for the time being as I knew what was gonna tomorrow and just sent a quick thank you to Pravek and offered to treat him later. I just tried to sleep but I was wide awake, I got up and went to the my table where my beautiful drawing tablet was. I sat down and started drawing random things and then checking out the form for the best colleges for design and my focus was set of FIDM,LA. I didn't realise when I slept off and I just woke up to buzzing of my phone alarm.

I saw that it was 7:00am so I quickly got up and got freshened up and tied my hair in a ponytail and left for a run round the place. I put my earphones and was listening to Down by law and was deep inside the song's rhythm and running, that's when I noticed someone was there but I knew that it wasn't Samyu or Amanda as they never run at all. The person stopped in front of me and I saw him standing in front of me. Yeah you might have guessed it, it was Anmol." So you are actually a stalker and you just proved my point", I said and was leaving when he pulled me by my hoodie and stopped me.

"I can't let our school's most loneliest person run alone like that", he said casually but it had a serious tone to it." Oh! So now there are rumours in the school about it to, wow! I'm so not fascinated by it. Let them say whatever they want IDGAF Cols", I said getting ready to continue our run but he just wasn't letting me go." Is there something you need or what?"I asked getting a bit angry now." I just run with you that's is. So would I get your permission to do so?"he asked me while picking up my hand and planting a small kiss on it." I removed my hand immediately and said hesitantly," You can join me but don't you dare do that again if you love that face of yours".

We continued running and I tried my best to make a decent conversation with him without being awkward. we ran for an hour and a half." Do you want to grab breakfast my favourite diner is just 10 mins away from where we are now", he offered me." I'm sorry but I would have to decline your offer for breakfast because as much I love food I still need to reach home and continue with studies", I declined the offer as calmly as possible." Ok, I understand your situation, but I'll let you go in one condition?", he said." What is it?", I asked quickly as I needed to get back." You have to give me your number then only I'll let you leave",he said with a huge grin."Ughhhhhhhhhh fine! have it but contact me if only necessary or if anything important comes up", saying that I left and ran as fast as I could to my house as I was going to miss my favourite show F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I reached home in time and plopped down in front of the T.V. I switched it on and was watch the episode" THE ONE WITH THE UNAGI" when the break came I went to grab food and noticed a nice sandwich wrapped in a foil in the table and saw a note. The note read:

My sweet Naina as me and dad has to attend a very important meeting and client meeting to that's why we left early. have breakfast. For lunch and dinner you can order what you want as we'll be back very late at night. Do your studies and don't hesitate to call Samyukta, Amanda and Shreya over ok!?. We would lik you to meet one of our best friend's son today he'll be there by 10:00am ok. So keep him company with you friends too.

Love mom

I read the note and went back to finish the episode. I didn't need to call my friends as I knew they would eventually come and bombard me with a lot of questions about my whereabouts later. I went up and put my headphones and started my playlist which I used to listen to while drawing and started to draw on my drawing tablet. As the music was loud I couldn't hear anything at all. It's only when I went to get water an hour later I noticed an unexpected visitor who was sitting on the couch facing toward the blank T.V.

..................................................................

Hey there my fellow readers, I hope that you like my story this far enough. I again apologise for hanging the names of the people.

Phew the battle of the examination ends today. I'm free. So yay my exams are finally over and I have a long 3 month vacation and I'll post 2 or 3 chapters per day. Thanks for being patient

Instagram: nene070703
See you all later....
Sayonara