INSOMNIA OR OVERTHINKING

Chapter 8: Insomnia or overthinking

We reached home at around 8:30pm."Why don't you kids stay with us for the night", said my dad." Yeah he is right its getting late and we don't want you all to go home more late", said my mom agreeing." Yay a slumber partayy", said all the gang in unison." Thanks Mrs. Heble for letting us stay", they all thanked my mom. I went to prepare the guest room for the guys and the girls can sleep in my room." So yeah guys the room is ready now we order food", I said." Today we conquer Chinese food my friends and family members", said Pratham in a dramatic voice." Just stop with the side effects Pratz my stomach hurts from all the laughing", I said gripping my stomach." So it's Chinese afterall", my dad asked." Yes it is", said Samyu. We all went to the garden only to climb the treehouse and sit there. Samyu, Amanda and me we all were telling them about all the adventures and stories we had gone through. Within half an hour our food had arrived. We went down and sat at the dining table and kept on chatting with each other. The atmosphere was damn lively and it felt soo nice. Around 10pm my parents excused themselves and went to bed. I directed the guys to their room and the girls to mine. Once we were inside my room they shut the door and they switched off the light and turned the table lamp towards me as they were investigating a murder case and I was the suspect.

"So Nene we'll do this the hard way or else you can tell us yourself", said Samyu to me." What are you guys talking about", I asked puzzled." Don't do your innocent act with us, we know that something is going on between Anmol and you", said Amanda." WHAT!!!!!!!....", I said in shock." Don't think that we didn't see the subtle flirting going on between you both today", said Shreya." Um nothing is going on between us and I'm not the relationship material at all", I said bluntly." If you are done I'm taking my blanket and going down now", I said grabbing it and going down the stairs to the couch-cum-bed to try get some sleep. I guess I can say that I might have little insomnia or else it's just overthinking as usual. I got up and went up to the terrace and there was cold breeze blowing at night and it was damn refreshing." I see that you still don't get sleep as usual huh Naina", someone said behind me." Um Cols you aren't supposed to just stalk me", I said thinking that it was Anmol." Um I'm not the guy you were expecting I guess", the voice said. I turned around to see Pratz standing in front of me." What are you doing up at this hour of the night?", I asked him." I just came for a little night stroll", he said shrugging his shoulders.

" So would you mind telling me why did you not tell your friends that we know each other so well huh Naina and acted like a stranger towards me", he asked me." Sometimes some things are best left unsend", I said while walking past him." Look I regret for what I have done I dearly do ok. So can you forgive me and lets be the same as usual as the good friends", he said grabbing my hand." I am going to ask you calmly to leave my hand as I'm not in the mood to deal with you yet ok", I said trying to free myself from his grasp. He turned my hand only to see the orange band on my finger." You still have it?", he asked me." If I have it or not it's none of your concern", I said in anger but softly as I didn't want to wake up anyone at this odd hour." It's just best that you go back to the room and we act as strangers ok? But wait I guess that's what you wanted right?", I said trying to hold back my tears." Naina I'm sorry I really am", he said to me." I don't think that after what I have gone through because if it I can ever forgive you at all Pratham", I said going down the terrace. I just plonked on the couch-cum-bed and just cried silently on my pillow. I just wanted to restart everything but I guess no one can do it you just need to live on and make the best of the future. I learnt that a very young age and it was painful as hell.

I woke up at my usual alarm time and quickly washed my face as the tears had stained my cheeks and then continues following my usual routine of getting ready eating breakfast with the guys and then we all left for school."I'll bid you guys adieu as my dad is coming to pick me and Ishaana up", he said to us. We all said our goodbyes and me, Samyu, Shreya, Amanda and Anmol stared to walk towards school." Hey guys don't wait up for me from today as I have extra practise from today", I told my friends." Are you sure that it is extra practise or just a way to spend extra time with Anmol", said Shreya winking at me." Oh I didn't know that you planned something for us huh Naina", asked Cols." Oh god it's nothing they are just pulling your leg", I told him. As usual in 20 mins we reached school. We bid adieu to samyuktha, amanda and Cols as me and shreya had pol science as our first period. As usual I sat with Shreya as she needed help with the work she had missed. Mr. Collins came inside and we greeted him." So today we are gonna continue reading about Democracy and Diversity", he said. Once me and Shreya got out of class we met up with Samyu and Amanda, I saw someone familiar behind them and sadly to much to my luck it was pratham." Look who's in my class",said Amanda to me excited." Yeah wow good for you" I said rolling my eyes." Can you guys tell me where is the computer science class is?", Said pratham confused." I'll take you there ", I said dragging his bag to the one common class we have.

Once we reached the class luckily we were 10 mins late and the teacher hadn't come yet." Here", said Cols waving at both of us. me and Pratham went and sat next to him." Yo bro you finally joined our high school", he told him." Yeah man I like it here, I'm just waiting for break now", he said. " Shush guys I need to concentrate now the teacher has arrived", I told both guys to shush up." Yes ma'am", said Cols jokingly. As usual in Comp. science we learnt about HTML and as usual the class got over in 40 mins." So now I have history so Sayonara Cols and pratham I'll see you both in English", I said to them." Yeah sure", they answered me. I met with Shreya we went to our usual seats and sat." Hey there, class as Mrs. Anderson is absent today so I'll be your substitute teacher today", said a young male teacher to us. The whole class roared in excitement as we had 2 continuous periods of history." Yay what should we do now then?", Shreya asked." I have a great idea, let's get Amanda, Anmol, pratham and Samyu out of their class", I said." Great idea dude, afterall half the class is empty so we have place", said Shreya." This sounds like a plan students", said an unknown voice. I saw that it was the new teacher." We were just kidding sir", I said covering up for us." Oh its not a problem for me get your friends, infact I'll write a note to get them out", he said smiling at us." You are one awesome teacher, you're my favorite", said Shreya giving a high 5 to him. So Shreya went with the note to get Cols, Pratham, Amanda and Samyu out.

I waited back because I wanted to. Suddenly I feel someone pulling me, I turned to see Akshay and Gurmeher sitting with me." Did I hear wrong or did you just talk about Pratham coming here to our class huh Nene", Gurmeher said to me." Yeah that's him, why are you asking?", I asked him." When did you become such good friends?", said Akshay." I didn't, I'm just acting for others that's it", I said to them." Do you want us to do something to him", both of them said in unison." No guys I can handle him", I said giving them a group hug. I had met them before Samyu and Amanda and they were with me during my time of distress. We are inseparable even though we rarely meet I can always rely on them." I guess we should catch up guys, join us for lunch", I asked them." Wait a minute", both of them said and did something on their phones." Yep now were fully free", said Akshay." Did you both clear your schedules beacause of me?", I asked them." Yeah duh we always have time for our bestie", Gurmeher said." Thanks guys", I said. Within 5 mins Samyu, Amanda, Cols, Pratham and Shreya entered the classroom." Yo AK and GMS long time no see", said Pratham." Be nice to him guys", I whispered to them." Yeah Pratz its been a very long time", said Gurmeher." What should we now?" asked Shreya." Thanks man I was getting bored in class", said Cols." Yeah even physics was boring today", said Amanda and Pratham in unison." I guess I never get bored in business studies but it was the first time I did get bored", said samyu laughing." If you want to thank someone thank him", I said pointing towards the new teacher." Thanks teach", he screamed." No problem", he said giving a thumbs up.

I swear I don't know how the time passed by and I was laughing my stomach out. We cracked dumb and lame jokes and then me and samyu were in our Taylor swift groove and we were having a little concert of the reputation era. Majority of our class had joined and we all were playing Hang Man. I swear these people are damn hilarious at guessing. Even the teacher joined us. The hours felt like seconds as the lunch bell rang and we all rushed out of class. We grabbed the medium table to accommodate us." One of the best day of my life", said Samyu." I definitely agree", said Shreya." we too as we got to spend time with my bestie", said Akshay and Gurmeher excitedly." So any plans after school", asked Pratham." Sorry dude but we both have practise today and a very hardcore one", said Cols pointing at me." Yep we do", said Akshay and me." Well next time we will plan for a movie when we all are free.", they said" Ok a movie it is but I want to go for a horror movie ", I said and as soon as I finished my sentence I  heard a similar clanking of pencil heels coming towards us and yes I just knew who it was.....

............................................................

Hey guys guess what? I'm the lazy author has returned again. I'm sorry for being so inactive but I guess I was lazy but I worked on how my story would go on. I hope that you all are enjoying it. I just hope that you all will like it.... Do keep reading my book.

Love you all my readers

Instagram: nene070703
See ya later
Sayonara