Five.

Full moon.

Full circle.

He held her hand, sensing her nervousness. Nyla looked up, the clouds still covering the bright white moon. Only moments now, she thought. Only moments before everything would change.

This was the penultimate moment of their new lives, changing forms, becoming something different.

She shook, shivered, yet she wasn't cold. And he squeezed her hand gently, giving her a warm smile just as the clouds began to move. "It's time," he whispered and she nodded. Yes it was.

She felt free like that.

She watched him, his white coat rippling in the wind, her mind still completely her own. It was a strange sensation. He was beautiful, she noted. His blue eyes hadn't changed, her White Wolf. And she loved him more now than ever.

He chased her around the Point, overlooking the town. The water glittered beneath them, but they only cared for each other. Instinct won over as he reached her, mounting her for the first time like this, making her his all over again.

Another hour of chasing her, he led them to the small tent, perched at the edge of the Point. Curled up together, they easily drifted off to sleep, more content than either had ever been.

The sun came up, shining through the tent and Nyla stirred. Her naked body still wrapped around Bucky's, she nuzzled closer, basking in his warmth. She knew it wouldn't be long now, until everything changed again.

Bucky was protective.

Her screams tore through him, barely letting Dr. Barton get close enough to his Omega. "James...," he sighed, "you have to let me do my job, Son. She's close." Bucky nodded reluctantly, stepping back, yet never letting Nyla out of his sights.

Hours of labor had become more and more intense. She screamed louder and louder, causing everyone in town to gather at the small cabin, concerned about her. Bucky's protective instincts had turned to stone-cold fear. Blood rushed from her body and he yelled for anyone who would listen.

"I don't know...," he panted, shaking his head. He was afraid, worried for his Omega. Worried for his pup. Would they be okay? Would they survive? "I won't leave her," he growled, refusing to leave her side.

It was the scariest moment of his life.

Taking a breath and holding it in, he finally released it when he heard the sound. The cry, the sound of a new life filling his ears, filling the room. He relaxed long enough to hold his daughter in his arms, focused solely on her.

Ten tiny fingers. Ten tiny toes. Nyla's lips. His nose. Blue eyes. A head of blonde hair. He'd never seen anything more perfect than this little girl. The one that had completely stolen his heart. "Hello, beautiful," he whispered, wrapping the pale pink blanket around her.

Nyla.

His thoughts returned to her. And he found her lifeless. Too much blood. Too much pain. And Dr. Barton was desperately trying to revive her. "What happened?," he asked in a panic tone and the doctor looked up, a shocked look on his face.

"She just...she stopped breathing."

Bucky handed his daughter off and rushed to Nyla's side. Dropping to his knees, he held her hand. Tears streamed down his cheeks for the first time in his life. Alphas didn't cry, he realized. But this...this was too much. The reality of burying his Omega was too much.

A primal scream ripped from his chest, an emptiness he never thought he'd feel consumed him. His heart beat like a drum. He was going to lose her. He understood that now. That he'd have to say goodbye.

"Ny...," he breathed, not bothering to wipe away the tears. "Please. Wake up. I need you. Our daughter needs you. We both do. Please, please open your eyes," he begged. His heart ached. He wanted to be with her, wherever it was that she'd gone. He couldn't bear this.

Couldn't bear to live without her.

He'd loved her his entire life. This beautiful Omega who'd become this amazing woman. Carrying his pup, bringing her into the world only to have her life ripped away. It wasn't fair.

"Someday...," he'd always tell her, "someday, Ny, we'll have it all. You and me. We'll run this place. It'll be ours. They'll all wanna be us. Happy, in love. Beautiful pups runnin' around. Big strong Alphas. Sweet Omegas. Baby, we'll have it all."

Someday...

Yet someday had come and now it was over. He'd had it all only to have it stolen. He held onto her body. He needed to. He needed to keep her close. Hoping to whatever god that his love would be enough to bring her back to him.

That he could breathe life back into her.

And somehow, by some miracle, he did.

A small breath escaped her lips and he pulled back in shock. Her eyes tried to open and his heart pounded. She was coming back to him. His Omega, his love, was coming back.

"Ny...," he whispered, "don't overdo it. I'm here, you're okay, sweetheart. I'm here."

She sighed softly, her eyes opening just enough to see him. He laughed, his eyes filled with tears again. "Hi, beautiful," he sighed, cupping her face. "You scared me. I thought you were gone. I thought...," he trailed off. No, he couldn't say it. Not out loud.

It didn't matter now. He had her here. She was alive. They had their family, their life, their happiness. And once she was well, well, they'd still get to live their "someday."