"Don't engage"

After a twenty minute drive, filled with the blissful sound of a werewolf and the tribrid argueing, The jeep finally came to a halt. Right next to the bus, that Landon destroyed.

Me and Rafael jumped out the back and Hope and Alaric jumped out the front. We all started wandering into the forest, it was surprisingly quiet without the bickering. But like all good things, it came to an end pretty fast.

"I don't know why he's still out here, he has a whole day's lead on us." Hope says bitterly.

"Maybe because he doesn't have a reason to run."

"Hate to break it to you raf, it would have been a hell of a lot more beleiveable if he didn't... you know... run"

Then all of a sudden, Alaric stops in the midddle of the path. We all turn to face him.

"shh, you hear that?... Someone's here." He says

"Which way?" I ask

He points in a direction slightly south of us and I start running. If this is Landon, the kid's got a big shock coming his way. My feet pounded against the twigs and leaves on the floor, I kept my senses hightened incase i caught a wiff of our visitor. Suddenly my nose caught something. Smoke. From the bus, I turned slightly in the direction and found myself face to face, not with Landon, but with a woman.

I stared at her confused, clearly she was too by the way she was returning the glare.

"Guy's I think i found a survivor!" I yelled, the woman moved back startled by my voice. "No, it's okay, I'm not going to hurt you."

Suddenly, three more sets of feet made their way to us. Alaric was the first one there suprisingly.

"Oh my god, was she on the bus?" Hope said wide eyed. The dark skinned woman stared at the four of us blankly. She was clearly in shock.

"Sure as hell smells like it, she reaks of smoke" said Rafael.

Finally Alaric piped in.

"Okay, I'm gonna take her to get some medical attention, you three stick together and look for Landon, do not engage." Alaric said

"He's not dangerous" Rafael tried to defend

"I SAID do not engage"

With that Alaric walked off with the woman by his side.

//

We had walked around the forest for around five whole minutes before drama started.

"Hey, what happened on that bus?" Said Rafael

"No-one knows, they say something incinerated it from the inside" Hope said sarcastically.

"Look, whatever he did I know there is a good explanation he's the most loyal friend I've ever had" Rafael explained.

"He was there for me on the worst day of my life, when my girlfriend died he was the only thing that kept me going. So let me get that knife back for you and we can both hear him out, okay?"

"Appreciate the passion, but maybe you should exert some of it making new friends." Hope replied rudely

"Hope!" I scolded, but as always both of them didn't listen.

"What so I can be as popular and well liked as you?" Rafael retorted irritatedly. "Yeah, I've been at the school two days and I've already heard about Hope Mikealson and her sunny disposition." He finished

"Rafael!" I said forcefully.

"Oh yeah, well you're not really making it easy are you, Mr I'm so damaged."

"STOP IT!" I shouted causing both of them to turn to me.

"I didn't sign up for a baby sitting job, or to be a frickin' guidance counsellor. So will the both of you shut the hell up and just keep walking, Jesus you're acting like 6 year olds" I say "Landon's in the cellar, you have 3 minutes"

"But Dr Saltzman said don't engage."

"Oh, get a grip, let's go." I say pushing him in the direction of the cellar.

The three of us go into the cellar, Rafael then Hope then Me. We walk down a set of wooden stairs to find a boy our age shuddering behind a barrell.

"Out now" I say nanchalantly. The boy obeys and steps out.

"Raf? How did you find me?" The raven haired boy says embracing his friend.

"There is a lot of crazy witch people trying to find you." Rafael says, Hope rolls her eyes. "There is a bus full of burnt up people"

"That wasn't me" Landon quickly responds.

"Then who was it?" Hope interrogated. Landon looked at her like a wounded bird. She must've gotten annoyed because the next thing we heard were the words 'Corperais Zimpitu' and Landon's back slam into the wall behind us.

"What the hell are you doing?" I said to Hope in a tone that would usually send people running.

"Where's the knife?" Hope shouted, tightening her grip on Landon's throat.

"I don't know, please, I barely got out alive" the raven haired boy cried. "There was this woman."

All of a sudden we hear the door above us pretty much smash open and down came Dr Saltzman, he was clearly pissed off.

"I SAID DON'T ENGAGE" He shouted.

//