Wastendale

The birds chirped and flew in search of food as the day slowly broke through. I crawled out of bed naked and sought out a robe to slip on discreetly trying to to wake him up. Quietly creeping to the balcony, I stared out into the open as the morning breeze fanned my skin, my hair blowing in my face.

"Morning babe" His groggy morning voice came and he wrapped his arms around me.

"Hmmm morning" I turned around in his arms to kiss him. I stared at him, clad in just sweats, mesmerized by his unshaven face. His smile reminded me of HIM. The one who made my heart lurch. HIM. I quickly hugged him to hide my face in his neck so he wouldn't read my expression. My heart hurt as I recalled all, HIM. How we met and all. I'll tell you how.

This is not your usual story. If you want a bedtime story then this is the wrong one. Gotten? Good.
Okay so the day I met HIM my world changed. HIM who? Vodka of course. I remember vividly when he walked into that God forsaken bar called 'Ring a Bell'. Yeah yeah, I know the name's kinda funny but trust me nothing was funny in Wastendale. Oh shit! Pardon my manners.

Wastendale; a little town somehow unknown and unheard of. Wastendale was a town of Joy and like the name, we were always wasted. Wastendale knew no sorrow because all we did was drink to stupor - well until it happened.

Vodka strolled into town bringing trouble along with him. I'm Tequila Cookes and this is my story....