The Outsider

(General idea of Jax, CREDIT GOES TO ITS RIGHTFUL OWNER I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE ART IN THIS BOOK UNLESS I SAY OTHERWISE)

-Elijah's POV-

Thought only gives the world an appearance of order to anyone weak enough to be convinced by its show.
Colin Wilson

"The Country of the blind."

It was an unmarked car, just some-

"WILLIAM JOHNSON WHEN ARE YOU GONNA LEARN?!"

"Relax mom it's just a speeding ticket, I can pay it off, no big deal."

"And what happens when you get another one and another one AND THEN WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THOSE TICKETS TURN INTO CHARGES OF THEFT, MURDER EVEN?!"

"Mom I'm not gonna go murder anyone, cut me some slack I have some decency."

I heard my brother and mother bickering downstairs. I sighed. My brother was playing a risky game of Russian roulette with his friends.

They are apart of this gang that 'keeps them alive' according to my brother. He said he wouldn't do it if he didn't have to. Everyday I'm scared that moms gonna pick up the phone and my brother got arrested for who knows what. Mom's right, first it's speeding tickets. Next it'll be charges of theft, possession of alcohol and drugs under aged, murder...who knows, the list goes on and on.

I marked my page of the book I was reading and set it aside on the navy blue colored duvet that spread across my full sized bed.

The Outsider by Stephen King

One of my favorite authors.

I stretched and yawned and got up heading downstairs.

"Mom calm down he said he would pay it off."

I said the both of them pausing to look up at me. I was worried about my brother too but I'm holding him accountable for his word. I trust him. And I'll protect him as long as he sticks to his word.

He sends a grateful glance my way. I continue down the stairs and open the cabinet grabbing a box of captain crunch.

"I know I'm just worried. I think your friends are a bad influence on you!" She says the worry evident in her voice.

I had to stretch on my tippy toes to reach the box.

"Mom I think you know that's not true, they are all practically your children and I think your worried they're all just gonna get caught." I said pouring some cereal into the bowl.

She sighed. "Just pay off the ticket and I want you here in this house this weekend! Understand young man?!" She said protectively. Will sheepishly smiled. "Deal." He said.

"Can I have friends over this weekend?" He asked. My heart started pounding at the thought of Jax here.

"Yes if they are here then I know they aren't out there doing god knows what." She said with a gesture of her hands.

"Does that mean Julius Can come over?" I asked wiping some milk off my chin with my sleeve.

She looked at me. "Alright fine but make sure they aren't sneaking over here, parental permission is needed!" She said heading upstairs to her office.

"Thanks for that."

He said.

I looked up at him. "Don't make me regret it." I narrowed my eyes at him. He nodded.

I finished my cereal and put everything away and cleaning up after myself knowing will would have a fit if I didn't.

I went upstairs and into my room. I flopped onto my bed grabbing my phone.