Sharkbait

-Ellie's POV-
I stared at the ceiling weighing the pros and cons of me joining the gang.

It was 2pm I had just woken up. Jules and I basically stopped when the sun came up.

"Let's go eat something Im starving." Jules said.

I looked over at him as he rubbed his eyes. I smiled.

I threw on a loose grey hoodie with white drawstrings over my bare chest. It was a little big being that it was my brothers. Until I wore it once and claimed it as my own. He didn't seem to mind though. We headed down the stairs and there were the other boys sitting at the center island counter drinking their milkshakes that I'm assuming my brother made.

Jules joined them. I opened the fridge grabbing some water, eggs and cheese. "What the hell are you wearing freak, you look like a hobo." I heard Jax comment. He likes to tease but sometimes he's a bit harsh. He doesn't mean to be but it just happens with his headstrong sarcastic temperament.

"It's my brothers." I commented. Not looking at him. That shut him up so. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I pulled it out receiving a text from Jules.

Famous pick up line on Jax go!

I blushed and looked at Jules wide eyed and I mouthed 'NO ARE YOU CRAZY?!' Jax saw. Of course he did. He always saw. He always was there to tease me and put me down.

"You are redder than a tomato." Jax commented. My eyes met with his. Jules was smirking giving me the thumbs up. Jax saw that too.

"What's going on between you two? Are you guys flirting over text or some shit? Oh my god Ellie are you gay?!" He said.

My face turned Redder.

"NO!" I instantly said very defensively. I was lying. My heart was pounding. Jax was putting me on the spot. I was crumbling under his intimidating glance.

"You sure about that? Cause you got pretty heated after Jules sent you that-"

"IM NOT GAY!" I snapped. I abandoned my ingredients on the counter and glared at Jax on the verge of tears. I slipped on my shoes and bolted out the door.

"Ellie Wait!"

I heard my brother call after me.

I ran and ran.

I wiped the tears that finally fell as I ran.

-Jax's POV-
"Good job Jax!" Will snapped at me. I didn't mean to upset him I was only teasing.

"I was only teasing." I said. I sighed. I got up and slipped on my shoes and my gang jacket. "I'll go find him." I said leaving.

I sighed. I shoved my hands in my pockets. As I walked.

I walked about a mile when I got to the lake. I found him standing by the fence looking out at the frozen water lost in his thoughts. He was shivering. It was winter after all and that dumbass left without a coat. I blushed. I got frustrated at myself.

You can't help how you feel about someone and it's nothing to be ashamed of.

I walked up to him and put my jacket over his shoulders.

He looked up at me.

"You look cold."

I said standing next to him not making eye contact.

"I don't want your jacket." He snapped.

"Why because it's a shark jacket?" I asked.

"YES! When will you guys learn I don't want apart in that?!" He snapped.

"When you stop being dumb and realize you need us." I said.

"I can take care of myself!" He snapped. He threw the jacket at me and I caught it.

"I'm not gonna let you freeze to death." I said.

"I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF." He snapped glaring at me basically growling. I sighed.

I narrowed my eyes. "One thing you don't realize about sharks, they act aggressive but deep down they are just as fragile as anyone else." I said wrapping the jacket around him once more and walking off. Knowing he'd follow.

"One day you all are gonna end up as shark bait."

He commented as he followed me. I smirked.

"Maybe, but until then we are still alive." I said.

I stopped and he ran into me. I turned around I grabbed his wrist as he basically tripped. I held him steady. He was shocked and his cheeks were definitely red from embarrassment.

I smirked. "Watch where your going." I whispered to him lowering my head to meet his gaze. He looked up at me barely. "I'm sorry." He said. I smiled and let go of his wrist.

"Ellie you know if your gay, that your parents and your brother will love you no matter what." I told him.

"IM NOT GAY!" He said shocked that I would even bring that up again.

"Im not saying you are Im just saying if you are or if your questioning yourself, just know that you have a very accepting family." I said.

He nodded. His gaze on the floor. "I know." He said gently.

We headed back home.

-timeskip Ellie's POV-
I was laying upside down on the side of my bed, my head almost touching the floor.

"How was Your talk with Jax?"

I sighed. I then realized I was still wearing his jacket and I blushed. "It was fine, he was just being an ass as usual." I snapped.

"Yea clearly because he let you wear his jacket, for the record he never lets anyone touch his jacket." He said.

My face heated up more. He trusts me that much? But why? What's the deeper meaning behind his actions? What are his intentions? What is he getting at here?

"Did he figure out your gay?" He asked.

"No and we are keeping it that way." I said.

He threw his hands in the air. "Ok ok."

I sighed.