I Want to See Her

-Wills POV-
I was mad. I was sad. So many emotions and thoughts. We all were sitting at the table. Dad had come home, probably at the worst time possible.

Mom set a folder down on the table. Ellie was sitting across from her. He was hugging one knee on the chair looking away lost in his thoughts with his tear stained face.

I was sitting next to mom and dad.

"Ellie this is everything about where you came from and your birth parents and your adoption forms. I've never shown you because you've never asked. All that you have known is that you were adopted." Mom explained.

Jax sat next to Ellie. I don't understand how he holds his tongue when he looks so angry.

Ellie looked up at mom.

"And you have very right to know where you came from." She said sliding the folder forward.

-Ellie's POV-

I wasn't mad or angry or sad honestly I just kinda felt alone. I felt like this isn't real....like I'm not me.

I opened the folder genuinely curious. I pulled out the adoption forms.

Elijah Paxton Williams.

My heart started pounding.

"This is my real name?" I asked staring at the paper. "Well yes Williams was your birth last name. Then it was changed when we adopted you." She said.

I nodded.

April 6th 2002

Mother signed: Joyce Williams
Father signed: Micah Williams.

I ran my finger over their names. Seeing them triggered something in me. I've never really wondered who they were but now.....I'm kinda curious. What happened to them? Where are they?

Day adopted:
May 10th 2005

Signed: CAS. (Child Adoption Services)

There was a little card clipped onto the corner of the page by a paperclip. I unclipped it and set it aside with the paperclip. I put the paper on the table to the left of the open folder, starting a new pile.

I set aside more information about the adoption agency. Then I pulled out an envelope and then my dad slid me a box. I looked up at him confused. He gave me a comforting glance and sat back down. I looked at Will and Jax. Jax looked sad almost and angry but he gave me a small little lip smile.

I opened the box that said Elijah Williams in neat cursive writing. It was a small box. I pulled out a VHS tape. My eyes widened. "Is this a video?" I asked looking at mom. She smiled sadly nodding.

I grabbed Jax's hand just needing something to hold. I needed some comfort. He squeezed my hand gently. I opened the letter.

"I'm gonna read this out loud." I said. Jax squeezed my hand again. "You don't have to If you don't want to Ellie." Will said. I looked at him. "I want to."

Elijah Williams,
Hi, This is your mother Joyce Williams. I don't know when you'll read this if you ever will. If your ten, twelve, sixteen even? I hope your doing well. I hope you got the life I couldn't give you. I hope you've made some great friends.

There's a lot of stuff going on in my life, It's very hard to explain, but know that I would have never ever given you up if I didn't have too. It was so hard giving you up, but I know your with an amazing family that will love you deeply. I know their Son Will was so excited to have you join them. But he's probably forgotten because he was so young.

If you ever for whatever reason want to get in contact with me here's my phone number.

*enter phone number*

I wiped a tear off my cheek.

I opened the other envelope.  I looked at pictures of a young lady holding a baby in her arms. That's me.... I looked at a picture of when I was two sleeping with a dog.

"Big Red....." I whispered.

"What?" Will asked. I looked up. I don't remember much from when I was young but there were two things that stuck with me. Big Red, my dog and my best friend when I was a baby until I got adopted. Lily.

"Big Red was my dog, That's all I remember from back them." I said. I showed him the picture.

I found wedding pictures and pictures of me.

I looked at the little card I set aside earlier.

I looked up at mom.

"I want to see her." I said. "What?!" Will snapped. I glared at him. "Will!" Mom scowled. "If Ellie wants to see HIS mother he has a right to." She said. Jax squeezed my hand tighter. I looked at him. His hair was covering his face so I couldn't see his eyes. "Jax?" I asked. He let my hand go and got up and left.

I was confused.

"I can try the number that was in the letter and if that doesn't work the social child services agents number is on this card." I said.

She nodded. "Do you want me to call or do you want to call?" Mom asked me. "I can call." I said. I put everything back in the folder and box. "Can I keep this stuff?" I asked. "Of course." She said.

"Mom how could you do that?!" Will snapped. I was confused. "William!" She snapped back. "That's not fair! She gave him up for a reason! He shouldn't go back to that Coward!!" He yelled standing up. I got angry. How dare he. Tears ran down my cheeks. I heard the door. I looked over to see Jax. He came back, he probably just needed a breath.

"WILLIAM JOHNSON!!" My mom smacked him upside the head. I glared at him. "You think that you have the right TO EVEN OPEN YOUR MOUTH?! YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HER!!! MY MOTHER, IF SHES ANYTHING LIKE ME IS AN AMAZING PERSON! You HAVE NO RIGHT TO CALL HER THAT I DONT CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK, YOU DONT GET TO MAKE THE DECISIONS THIS TIME WILL. THIS TIME I MAKE THE DECISIONS!!" I snapped at him.

Jax hugged me. I sobbed into him. He swayed back and forth. "Shhhhh it's ok. Come on let's grab the stuff and We can talk up in your room." He said soothingly. I nodded. I grabbed the folder and he grabbed the box. He held my hand the whole way up. I set the stuff on my desk and sat down on my bed.

I tried to calm down.

"Ellie it's gonna be ok. Don't listen to Will he's just scared." Jax said sitting next to me pulling me into a warm embrace as if he was trying to protect me.

"Scared of what?" I asked.

"Scared that maybe your gonna go visit her and then go back to her. He loves you Ellie your his brother, he doesn't want to lose you." He explained.

"He's got nothing to lose, I'd never leave him." I said.

"He doesn't know that." Jax said.

"You know you're a really great leader." I commented letting his masculine scent surround me.

-Jax's POV-
I blushed. He has no idea how much that means. "Someone's gotta take care of ya goofs." I said. He giggled. I smiled. He was so cute.

EW EW EW WHAT?! NO WAY ME AND ELLIE?! NEVER!!!!!!!!

He let go and laid down. He took out his phone. "I'm gonna call her." He said. I nodded and left him alone.