Chapter three.

Lily slumped into a seat opposite Lysander, and rubbed her eyes.

"I began to think you were going to sleep through breakfast," he commented, biting down on a piece of toast. Lily groaned, pouring herself a piping hot cup of tea, and helping herself to toast.

"I wanted to. I couldn't sleep last night. I was thinking about Lorcan." Lily explained.

"I hope you weren't thinking about my brother in a naughty way!" Lysander teased, waggling his finger playfully at the redhead.

"No!" Lily was quick to disagree, her cheeks flushing. "I was trying to think of how to help him, you plonker!"

Lysander laughed. "Relax, Lil. You could fry an egg on those cheeks."

Lily rolled her eyes. "Please never use the word 'naughty' around me ever again. You've ruined that word for me."

"What word?" Lysander asked innocently. He leant across the table, and spoke softly into her ear. "Naughty?"

Lily pushed him away. "Stop!"

Lysander smirked, and picked up his toast again. Lily shook her head, and attempted to hide her pink face behind her mug, but no luck. Albus fell into the empty seat beside Lily.

"What's got you all hot and bothered, Lily?" He demanded. Lily's eyes bulged. Albus wasn't even trying to keep his voice down!

"Al! Nothing!" She hissed, her head bowed. People were beginning to look down at them.

"Me," Lysander chipped in helpfully. "Teasing her."

Lily kicked him under the table. Lysander yelped, and glared at her.

"What's he talking about, Lily?" Albus said, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh my--," Lily groaned, joining her hands in mock prayer and staring up at the enchanted ceiling. "Merlin, from one Slytherin to another, help me out here."

Albus chuckled, and stole a piece of toast off Lily's plate.

"I hope you two weren't flirting," Scorpius said, appearing beside Albus, and staring Lily square in the eye.

"Wh— go away, both of you! Please!" Lily snapped, feeling throughly embarrassed by Scorpius, Albus and Lysander. She just wanted to hide under the table.

"Relax, Lily. We're just taking the piss." Albus said.

"Go and take the piss out of James, please. I'm too tired for this." Lily grumbled, taking a sip of her tea. Albus and Scorpius exchanged glances and loped off towards the Gryffindor table, laughing.

Lily dropped her head down on the table, and groaned. A hand patted her head in a semi-patronising way, and Lily looked up.

"Do you need a nap, baby?" Lysander teased.

"Yes!" Lily cried.

Lysander smiled, and Lily felt her heart warm at his face. It was as familiar as her own, yet recently it was like she was seeing it in a new light. She didn't know what was going on with her.

"Anyway-!" Lily was eager to change the subject. "I have an idea of what to do about Lorcan."

Lysander's attention was grabbed. "Yeah?"

"Hugo is going to be our double agent. He's best friends with Lorcan, they're in the same house, they sleep in the same dormitory. It's perfect!" Lily said.

Lysander raised an eyebrow. "Hugo?"

Lily nodded. She was proud of her plan. Hugo would be more than happy to help them, and then he could report back to them with any irregularities. Like a muggle spy! It was genius.