5: Investigation Of The Detective Boys

"Oi, Rin! Why did you let us out of that room?" Conan asked Kourin as he followed her to the living room.

"It's not yet time for us to question Ryoma-niichan about what happened to him. I asked him before you two barge in the room but he's not sure if he's going to answer it."

"Is that so?" Haibara looked at her. "Then how are we going to start investigating his case if we don't get any clues and information from him?"

The three fell silent.

"Oh, by the way, did Miyuzaki-sensei call about the chemicals she's investigating?" he asked, facing Kourin.

Kourin nodded. "She called Agasa-hakase yesterday afternoon. I'm not sure about the details but you can ask him about that if you want." And then she stood up and walked towards the door as they heard someone ring the doorbell.

Conan frowned. "Rin, is there something that you're not telling us? You've been acting weird ever since we saved Echizen-kun."

That made her stop in her tracks. And then she turned around and faced him. "If you want to know the truth, we need to finish solving Ryoma-niichan's case. If I'm not mistaken... his current case and what happened there a year ago have a distinctive connection. Let's just hope he won't suffer the same way I did a year ago because of that incident." She headed straight to the door to open it.

Conan and Haibara were baffled by what she said. He glanced at Rin with confusion written on his face.

'What was that supposed to mean?'

"Edogawa-kun, have you asked Hakase about this?" Haibara inquired silently.

He shook his head. "I'm not exactly sure if I should ask Hakase about Rin. She doesn't even talk to anyone when she arrived here with her left arm wounded and burned."

When Kourin opened the door, she saw Mitsuhiko, Ayumi, Genta, Doctor Miyuzaki, and Doctor Yanai there.

"Everyone, what are you doing here?" she asked.

"We're the Detective Boys, right? That's why we're here to help you and Conan-kun investigate the case," Mitsuhiko happily said.

"But you'll get caught in danger if you—"

"Don't be ridiculous!" Genta suddenly said. "We've already solved dangerous cases before you came."

Ayumi happily nodded. "Genta-kun's right. We're your friends, remember? We're here to help each other."

Kourin sighed and intently looked at them. "This case is not as easy as you think it is. We're already dealing with someone even more dangerous than any of the criminals you've faced before."

"Rin-chan..." Doctor Miyuzaki could only say.

When Kourin realized what she had said, she bowed to them. "I'm sorry. I guess I've said too much."

Conan stared at her as the others accepted her apology. 'I'm going to solve this case! And I'm going to know Rin's secrets that lie hidden within this case.'

"Rin-san, is Ryoma-niichan already awake?" Ayumi asked.

She nodded. "But... right now, he's worried about his family and confused about his situation."

"You mean... he found out?" Haibara asked her.

"Yeah. But I told him not to worry since it will be temporary. Although I'm sure he won't take it lightly." And then she looked at Doctor Miyuzaki. "Sensei, what about the results of your tests?"

The said doctor smiled. "Shin and I managed to know the components but we need someone's help for us to make an antidote for it."

"Someone's help?" The others were puzzled by it but Conan and Kourin knew exactly what was she talking about.