12: Seigaku Regulars Are In Danger

The next day, at the Echizen residence...

Ryoma, along with Conan, Kudo Yuusaku, and Yukiko, arrived at the Echizen residence as the freshman wanted to. With dangers lurking in every corner, and his desire to find out the truth from the person he somehow knew could provide it to them, here they were. Honestly, he was anticipating and eager to see his parents again after a week of not showing his face to them. But at the same time, he was a little bit afraid of what he might find out once he ask either his dad or his mom.

He wasn't sure what would he find out but he has to know. Somehow, he felt that he wasn't only doing this for himself. He was also doing this for the person that saved his life.

He was doing this to somehow help Kourin.

He was still hesitant to go inside. But when he felt the warm hand of Yukiko placed on his shoulder, and when he saw her smile assuring him that it was going to be okay, he finally opened the gate.

"Okaa-san... Oyaji... are you here?" Ryoma called out. And there wasn't an answer after a few moments of waiting. He then let Conan, Yukiko and Yuusaku enter, then closed the gate.

He knocked at the front door just to know if there was someone inside. Gladly, someone opened the door.

"Ryoma-san!" Nanako could only exclaim when she saw him standing there. Before he knew it, she was hugging him tightly.

'Well, I should've expected this since I was out for a week and they don't have any clue where I went,' he only thought to himself as Nanako was still hugging him.

She only stopped when they heard someone cough a little. They found out that it was Yuusaku.

"Forgive me for interfering with your reunion but we need to ask something important to Echizen-kun's parents. Is there any chance that they're inside?" Yuusaku inquired calmly.

She nodded. Then she let them all enter the house.

As all of the guests removed their shoes and changed them to slippers, Ryoma couldn't help but feel worried about what was going to happen.

He didn't know that Conan noticed it.

"You shouldn't be worried about anything. You're doing this to help yourself. In a way, you're also helping Rin. She deserves to live as normal kids do. And no matter what we'll find out from your parents, it might help both you and Rin to live peaceful lives again," Conan said, having a small reassuring smile plastered on his face.

Ryoma sighed. "You're right. I owe her my life, and to you, as well. Thanks."

"Thank me when this is over. But I think Rin deserves that even more."

That was the time when they heard someone running. Only to find out that it was Ryoma's mother Rinko who was coming down the stairs. She missed Ryoma so much.

"Ryoma, why did you only come home now? I was worried sick about you! What happened?" Rinko said while hugging him.

"I'm sorry, Okaa-san. I just don't want you to be involved in any danger that I'm facing now," was all he could say.

"But no matter how much you don't want them to be involved in danger, they will be facing it sooner or later because of your father, Echizen-kun."