19: Reason To Live Life To The Fullest

6:30 PM, Seishun Gakuen...

The practice was finished and the kids seemed to have enjoyed watching it since they never got bored in waiting for the Seigaku regulars like what they had agreed on. They've learned a lot about it since Shouko also explained to them all the terminologies used in it. The four kids agreed that they would watch the tennis tournament where the Seigaku regulars would be participating. But then they hoped that Kourin would be alright by that time so that it would be so much fun.

They waited for a few more minutes as the regulars changed their clothes and fixed their equipment before completely leaving the school. But then, Ayumi asked something to Shouko as she realized something.

"Miyuzaki-san, I'd like to ask something. Are we going to ride a train to get to the hospital? With these many people coming along, I don't think we'll fit in the car that you brought along."

"We'll be fine if we just ride the train. We don't want to cause any more trouble if we ride with you," Oishi said as he looked at the calmly smiling Shouko.

"I won't allow that."

All of them were surprised to hear that from Shouko.

"Why is that, Miyuzaki-san?" Mitsuhiko curiously asked.

The woman slightly sighed and then stopped in her tracks. It made the others stop in their tracks, as well.

"Because I promised my sister that I would accompany all of you when going to the hospital to visit Rin-chan."

"But Miyuzaki-san, how are you going to do that?" Genta asked.

Before Shouko could answer, Haibara heaved a sigh that made the others change their focus from the woman to her.

"I think you have forgotten who the Miyuzaki clan are."

While they were trying to think about what she said, Haibara just continued walking and all of them were surprised to see a bus parked in front of the school gate.

"That's..."

"That's the bus that we're going to use for all of us to go to the hospital. I did promise that I would accompany all of you to Rin-chan. I'm just fulfilling that promise."

With that, all of them boarded the bus excitedly.

Shouko was the last one to enter the bus. When she noticed the face of the bus driver, she smiled.

"Thank you for this, Ihara-san (a)."

The driver Ihara also smiled at her. "You shouldn't thank me. This is the least I could do to Kourin-ojousama. I wasn't able to give much help when the attack happened."

"It doesn't even matter now. At least Rin-chan is safe. And these kids..." Then she looked at the Detective Boys and the Seigaku regulars who were sitting as fun conversations seemed to keep them busy. "...these kids would somehow help us light up the princess' life again. I know that."

Ihara looked at the kids, as well and then he slightly nodded. "You're right."

-x-x-

7:00 PM, Beika Central Hospital...

As a part of her daily activities, Kourin wrote in her journal. It has become a habit ever since she began to write sentences. Now, one of the things she wrote there was her conversation with Ryoma's parents. But before they left, they had asked her not to tell Ryoma about their conversation, and somehow, she obliged even without knowing the real reason for that.