Chapter 2

Thisi

Placing a book on the shelf, I sighed heavily. Being a librarian could be amazing, but some people who come into libraries are just plain agitating.

Let alone hallucikenesis to keep in check.

Locking up the library, I scanned around the lot for any movement. Think I'm weird for that?
Try a group of stalkers and tell me if you're not a little paranoid. Walking to my car, I noticed a note on the windshield.

572.

What was with this number? It's like every time I turn, something has this number on it. Windows, spray painted on buildings, and now on my windshield. I'd have to research that later.

After a long drive, I finally stepped outside of my home. A small warbling noise came from a bush, startling me.

"Cerebrus!! Get back here!!" Another warble came after that. A small black blob floated outside of the bush, chirping at whoever was still inside the leaves of the plant. A teenage boy, probably around his 15 or 16 years, followed it finally. Annoyance crossed over his expression at the creature, yet a dark, childish amusement danced in his eyes.

"Sorry about that. He tends to run off on his own." He said timidly, rubbing his arm.

"That's quite alright. May I ask your name?"

"Holzer. Holzer Asher Wood."

(224 words, sorry it's short)