➸ NIGHTMARES & TALKS

Loki drew back in shock as his smile started to deteriorate "Oh." Was the only thing he managed to say

"And then there's a possibility that I'd kill myself afterward." Thor decided to continue that caused Loki's eyes to widen

"Okay, that is not acceptable." Loki argued, "You were never suicidal."

Thor rolled his eyes "If I was given a chance to kill you for the better of the world then I would, but we both know I cannot bear that, you die then I die, it's as simple as that Loki."

No, it wasn't, the younger Odinson didn't like his way of thinking, he understood the fact that Thor would've killed him but killing himself afterward? he was sure that he'd use the last bit of his power to rise from the grave and stop him

"That is not fair," Loki managed to say "It's only me who gets to die alright?"

Thor laughed as if Loki was joking, he actually was but he meant most of it if one of them was going to die it always had to be him since he'd eventually find a way to come back,

"But that was before all of this," The eldest Odinson decided to continue with a hint of seriousness in his voice, Loki's smile started to vanish as he listened to his big brother "I was too self-absorbed, foolish, arrogant, but now I know better."

Loki raised his eyebrows as Thor sat up straight "I will never leave you, brother, we will stay side by side, I will protect you as I have promised mother and father, I will make things right."

"I'm trying to sense any lie," Loki joked that earned him a playful punch from Thor

Thor chuckled before pointing a finger at his brother "Stop, I'm serious."

Loki shrugged "Oh I know, this could be a lot easier when I don't have a big oaf of a brother breathing around my neck."

The brothers shared a laugh before Thor focused his eyes on Loki, the sun was slowly rising and he realized that it was now shining on the two of them through the open gap of the curtains, Thor would usually be annoyed by it but now he felt happy.

"So the sun did shine." Loki sarcastically remarked

Thor smiled "Nice to see you didn't lie this time."

"You wound me with your words brother." Loki replied jokingly "I still am a bit capable of telling the truth."

Thor shrugged as he enjoyed the sunlight, not long after he began to yawn as he slowly rubbed his eyes, Loki, on the other hand, was not going back to sleep, he was afraid that his nightmare would take over again, were his mother and Angela okay? he didn't even know himself.

"I'm going back to my chambers and take a rest." Thor said as he stood up and began to stretch "Unless you want me to stay?"

Loki rolled his eyes and waved him off "I'm no child brother, I can handle myself."

Thor nodded and headed towards the door, he was about to go on his way when he suddenly stopped and turned to look at Loki who didn't move an inch in his bed

"If anything goes wrong," Thor started to make sure that Loki was still listening "Please call me immediately."

Loki was too lazy to answer so he just nodded in reply, Thor flashed him a small smile before going back to his room and shutting the door gently,

As soon as Thor was nowhere in sight Loki began to breathe, so this was the consequence, of course, it had to be. His consequence was this stupid nightmare that'll hunt him forever, even in death Thanos still has a control over him.