𝐕𝐈𝐈.

Demetrius placed a £20 note onto the bar table and ordered a glass of Hennessy and a tall glass of wine, as he took a seat beside Vivian. Just like old times, the two wanted to go back to their origins before Vivian had to leave for Singapore in a few weeks. It felt refreshing to be surrounded by the poignant, liquor-filled air once again.

Vivian grinned, when Franklin placed the drinks in front of them neatly on branded napkins. "The déja vu is slapping me in the face, right now." she spoke up. Demetrius leaned his elbows onto the counter and looked towards her, as he swirled his beverage.

As he laid his eyes upon her, he could feel his lips stretching into a smile. "How so?"

"First time we met, I got you to buy me a drink without me even asking." she replied proudly, he laughed heartily.

"Only because you were eyeing me bares." he retorted.

"You caught my eye, I won't lie." she admitted. It was a good few months ago, but Vivian could clearly remember the clean, fitted suit that he was wearing, the glistening, silver watch that was wrapped around his right wrist, and the scent of his cologne that made her swoon.

Demetrius watched her for a moment, she gazed back as she slowly sipped her wine. He licked his lips as she slowly moved the glass from her glossy ones, "I sort of wanted another reason to talk to you."

"Well it seems that turned out well for you," she drew her eyes away seductively and occupied her attention with the neon sign behind the bar. Demetrius continued to watch her, mesmerised by her simple actions. He knew he was going to miss just admiring her, when she left.

With the topic in mind, he asked, "So this expansion means you'll be the face of Singapore?"

She placed down her Bordeaux glass and leaned back as she tilted her head back to him, it caused her silky bundles to flow gracefully over her shoulder. "I wouldn't say the face of it, but I'll be the project manager and basically the owner of the company in that country." she explained.

"That's so mad, I'm proud of you, Viv," he praised, squeezing her right leg. She smiled down at the gesture and tried to remain civil within herself; she struggled to ignore how much Demetrius made her feel some type of way without even trying.

"It's been my dream to start my own business, so I know that I can definitely branch out with this opportunity." she continued, nodding to herself encouragingly. After a moment of self-praise, Vivian lifted her eyes and turned her attention back solely on Demetrius. "Enough about me, you didn't tell me what happened when you spoke to HR about the discrimination."

"They said, they'll look into it," he answered vaguely, diverting his eyes to the ice in his drink. Demetrius didn't like to complain, he would usually just firm the misfortune and move on with life—it was how he was raised. Though, after spending countless months with Vivian, she seemed to give him a bigger perspective on not accepting things for what it was, especially when it could be changed.

Vivian wasn't the loudest type, but she would demand for what she wanted when she needed to; which was what Demetrius grew to love about her. "I highly doubt they're going to do anything anyway, my boy, Nathan was racially profiled once before as well in his department, they didn't do shit for him either." he explained.

"Demetrius, look at me," she started, he pursed his lips and raised his eyes. Vivian fully faced him, directly staring into his dark eyes, and he already knew she was going to be brutally honest. "You're being wrongfully treated. You've shown me all your ideas for better wealth management, I don't get it —" which made him scoff, "— but I know they're good and they're useful. You're a proud sack of shit, so I honestly suggest you step the fuck up and do what's best for you."

Demetrius was good at his job, he was specialised and qualified for an incredibly wealthy salary for his financial knowledge. He worked in a sector massively dominated by Caucasian people, meaning he was easily overshadowed because he was just instinctively thought to be placed below them. It was hard to get around racism in a workplace and he had experienced it so many times with no avail, making Demetrius feel like there was no point in filing grievances.

He couldn't lie to himself and say it didn't bother him, of course it did, he hadn't progressed in his career for more over a year because of it. Though, he would surely lose it all if he did say something.

He stared at Vivian, not knowing what to say.

This time, Vivian didn't apologise. She knew he appreciated her honesty, so she was going to serve it in the most critical way possible.

"If I speak, I'll lose my job. No doubt." was all he could say.

"I'd rather you walk out with dignity than firm being called 'the black one' way more times than I can count on my fingers." she retorted instantly. Demetrius frowned.

"Then I resign, and go where? I've got shit to pay for."

"Just —" Vivian sighed, already knowing that she was upsetting him, so she softened her tone, "— wait for HR, but know what you're going to do if they're no help." she advised. Silence sat between the two of them for a long while, with Vivian waiting for Demetrius to say something as he stared blankly at his Hennessy.

It was for so long, that she ended up giving in, feeling as though she was too hard on him. She sighed, "I care about you, Meech, I just want the best for you and I'm sorry if I'm being hard on you. You don't have to take my advice if you don't want to, just do what's best for you." she began to ramble her apology, not knowing where to at all cross the line. He met her eyes again and it did the job of shutting her up like always.

His emotionless expression made Vivian almost feel guilty, Demetrius was terribly good at masking his feelings behind a blank stare, and it worried Vivian on levels that she never thought she'd reach.

He finally responded, reaching for her hand and tugging her from her seat. He pulled her close and gripped her hips. She placed her hands on his broad shoulders and moved them down his chest. It was enough to get his heart racing, he raised his eyes that seemed desperate for more of her touch.

"Thank you," he eventually whispered with a warm smile.

"Huh?" she pulled a face, beyond puzzled.

"Stop apologising for wanting to help me, thank you for actually caring to want to help. That's what I really like about you." he explained, gradually growing a grin. Demetrius lifted his chin and kissed her lips.

She moved her hands back up his shoulders and locked them around his neck, he pulled her into a tight hug.

With his face pressed against her chest, Demetrius enjoyed Vivian's honey and butter scent that eloped him completely. He exhaled, entranced. His hands had begun to roam below her hip, as he placed his head in the crook of her neck and kissed just above her collarbone. She soon released a heavy, satisfied breath.

Vivian opened her eyes that had pleasurably closed and looked around the pub. It wasn't too late, but the area was surely deserted, Demetrius and herself were the only ones left at the bar. Franklin was nowhere to be found and surely didn't give a toss.

As Vivian sighed again, Demetrius mumbled, "Should we get out of here?" She faintly hummed her approval.

They broke away from one another and gulped their drinks down in a matter of seconds, regardless of if it burned their throats dry on the way down—there was enough sexual tension building up for it to be disregarded. Vivian grabbed her overcoat and Demetrius thread his hand through hers, and they quickly sped to his BMW before they couldn't resist any longer.