𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈.

Demetrius helped Vivian fold her clothes, neatly setting them in assorted piles beside him, from jeans to shirts to dresses. Vivian picked the piles and placed them into her second suitcase.

It was her last day and Demetrius felt like he was becoming clingy, knowing too well that he'd miss her terribly; he wanted to spend as much time with her as possible, even if it meant just packing her bags with her.

"I didn't think you'd take my advice, not gonna lie." Vivian chuckled. Placing the last pile on top of her stilettos, she finally glanced at him. He watched her, stroking the beard along his jaw. He'd already made himself comfortable on her bed beside the suitcase, and leaned on his elbows. When their gazes met, he couldn't help but smile.

"I considered not taking it at first, but you were right. And now I've got an interview at a much more diverse, competing firm a few streets away." Vivian uncontrollably laughed again.

"You for real?" He nodded. Demetrius knew that what Vivian had said a few weeks ago was the best thing for him to do, he had many capabilities and they weren't being utilised at his last firm. He realised that he just feared to take that step himself, he would've much rather liked if he were fired just so that he wouldn't have to hand in the resignation letter to the boss that despised him wholeheartedly.

He appreciated Vivian. She was honest to him from the beginning, seeing his potential without even knowing him. It was definitely an honourable thing she had that she was even unaware about.

"Dead serious, bruv. It's just a bit shit that you won't be here for it next week." he sulked. She sighed glumly. She was going to miss him too. Eleven months had skated past so fast that they were basically together without the title. His sulking caused a frown to form across her lips. "I'm just deeping how much I'm going to miss you."

"Same." The two of them stared at one another for a long moment, just reminiscing on their little journey together. Then Demetrius slowly grinned.

He pushed the suitcase away and created a bit of room around him. He reached for her hips and pulled Vivian into his lap, "Come here. Don't worry, aight?" He eloped her in his arms and held her close, as she sadly sighed. After relaxing for a while in his strong grasp, Vivian eventually manoeuvred herself and hugged him back, pushing all of her weight onto him.

They fell backwards onto the bed and Demetrius heaved with satisfaction. Everything seemed to slow down, even their breathing, as they both revelled in the comfort each brought on the other.

Eleven months didn't feel too long. It wasn't very long at all, but every minute together felt as though Vivian and Demetrius had known each other since forever. Demetrius was always insecure about being left behind or not being good enough for someone—it all seemed to stem from bad relationships, to his workplace, to the absence of his father. Though, as he held Vivian in his arms, he'd never felt so secure in his life.

She brought him clarity because she was as perplexing as he was, she brought him comfort in her harshest words of advice that showed that she genuinely wanted to see him prosper, and she brought him companionship, allowing him to be sure that he didn't want to lose her in any way possible.

Vivian slowly opened her eyes, one hand stroking the back of Demetrius's neatly faded haircut, and the other stroking his back. She ran her finger along his jaw and made him look at her.

His dark eyes lazily stared at her, dazzled by her beauty. They seemed to smile at one another simultaneously. He kissed her and her smile never faded with it.

He turned flat onto his back and pulled Vivian on top, as the kiss dragged to be savoured. His hands explored her body as she moved along his neck. She kissed just in front of his left ear before she moved back to his mouth. Demetrius blissfully sighed into the kiss, "Man, I love you."