Heartless Love

<> Hello again Im back, and a bit earlier than I said I would be. I was really existed to write this, so I figured that Id upload it earlier than normal. Also in this story the Wither is more of a disease than a negative affect. So I hope you enjoy P.S. Im finally a official fan-fiction writer I used POVs kind of <> 

"You sure about this Lalna?" Xephos asked looking at me with worry

"I'm sure" I said giving him a reassuring look

I had finally found a cure for the Flux, but there was one small problem. It needed a very rare chemical that was only found in a still active human heart that was infected with the Wither. Of course, very few people would be willing to infect themselves with a disease that had a 90% mortality rate and then get their heart cut out. Nobody is that mad. Well, there is one man. Lalna had infected himself with the disease two days earlier to make sure it began to infect his body and had time to reach his heart. Once he had verified that the Wither was in his heart and thriving, he made his way to Yoglabs. After a lot of arguing with Xephos he finally convinced him to perform the surgery.

"I still can't believe you talked me into this" Xephos was preparing a drug to render me unconscious.

"It'll be fine" I told him trying to convince myself at the same time.

Xephos carefully lifted the needle up. The light blue liquid inside gleamed under the intense surgery lights.

"Any final words as a man with a heart?" Xephos asked looking at me worry still plainly painted on his face.

"Thank you so much for helping, Ill buy you a drink once it's all over" I grinned at him

He sighed before placing the needle on my arm and carefully pressed the liquid into my blood stream. I felt myself getting tired almost immediately. I closed my eyes letting the darkness take me.

When I next awoke, I was laying on a soft bed. The room I was in was empty besides the bed and a small table that my shirt and lab coat lay on. I had seen similar rooms hundreds of time during my time at Yoglabs. Basic patient cells. I sat up looking down at myself. I was wearing the same pants I had entered surgery with, my chest was bare and along with the many other scares there was now a large cross scare over were my heart used to be. I listened carefully and smiled when I heard the soft ticking of the new machine that had replaced my heart. Of course, having a clockwork heart had its benefits but at the same time it had some down falls. To start I was now literally heartless which didn't help with self confidence and most people probably would find it a little freaky. But it was worth it even if it would hurt sometimes and I probably would be alone for my life, I had kept my promise to Nano. I sighed standing up and walked over to the table with my clothes. Just as I finished putting on my shirt, I heard the door open behind me. Turning I saw Xephos standing in the door way looking at me curelessly.

"How you feeling?" He asked looking me up and down

"Fine" I said "Trying not to think about how hard it will be to hit on people without a heart" I grinned at Xephos

"Well if the cure works maybe you won't have to" Xephos said returning my smile

"Nano?" he nodded his smile growing "I doubt it, shell probably be out the door as soon as the flux is gone" I turned pulling on my lab coat. I turned back just in time to see Xephos roll his eyes at me before turning and walking out the door.

"Come on let's get this cure made already" I smile to myself as I followed him out the door and through the corridor. Maybe Nano would stay though it would be best for me not to get my hopes up tough it was hard not to.

Nanos POV

"Hey Nano" Lalna's voice called throughout Panda labs.

"Ya" I called up from the basement