trente

12/24/18

elise,

it's almost been a year. i've been in paris for a year, yesterday. but it's almost been a year since i've started writing you. a lot has changed. and as i sit on my couch, adriana beside me and taehyung and rose in front of me, i realize just how good my life is.

when i arrived a year ago, without you, i thought my life was going to be over. i was a korean who travelled halfway across the world to a foreign country that i didn't know the language to. i knew no one, didn't know what i was doing, and to top it all off, was just getting over a massive heartbreak.

now, i'm a florist. i own a successful flower shop in downtown paris. i know every flower inside and out, and am smart enough to know that flowers take time to bloom. when i moved here, i never thought that i would be able to bloom myself. but what i didn't realize was that i would, it would just take time.

so here i am. a year later. and i've bloomed, without you. i didn't need you. i needed time.

this is my last letter.

i'm not going to write you again. and that will be good for me. because i have a good life, that doesn't need you in it.

i still wish you the best.

but now it's time for me to move on.

goodbye, elise.

— jungkook