Chapter 30 Changed people

I couldn't help but say "Isn't the weather so good today?"

We were in the traffic and Ethan was driving he turned and said "What?"

I shrugged. Jacob who was sitting in the back seat had the most boring and sad face he could ever muster upon.

After giving it up, I turn the radio and the song "Treat you better" by Shawn Mendes was playing.

Oh my god awkward couldn't explain the situation in the car. The worst part was that today there was so much traffic for some unknown reason.

So I just sucked it up and closed my eyes listening to the song.
I opened my eyes as the car came to the halt.

I have never felt so awkward in my entire life so I tried to hop out of the car as the first person. But Ethan caught my forearm and said "One minute Sav I want to talk with you!"

He turned to Jacob and said "You can go, this might take a while."

I visibly gulped and Jacob looks at me and while opening the door he hummed "Treat you better" song and boy that hurt me a lot.
***
After Jacob was officially into the school. Ethan asked "What's the matter Savannah?"

I turned to him and said "Why what happened?"

"Sav I asked a question first!"

I know he is getting annoyed as he rolled his eyes at my face trying to contour there is nothing wrong.

And I am failing because he turned to me well and held my hands and said "Sav are you tensed about going to school, are you worried about your mom?"

I shake my head.

He continues "Are you afraid of me?"

He asks this almost like a whisper.

I whip my head up and look straight into ur eyes and ask "Why are you talking like this? Oh my god no I am not scared of you. But if you keep talking like that I will be."

He nods his head and says "Sav there is lot going on in my house. What if we meet up after school, I know you want to be with your mom but just 1 hour can you come with me."

I nodded my head and we went out of the car and walked hand in hand onto the school.

I could see the people around me giving me judgy looks. They see the holding hands and start whispering.

I just walked towards my locker and was taking the books when I heard a bang in the nearby locker.

And it was Jacob he pushed a guy into a locker and said "Don't you dare talk about her like that, am I clear?"

That boy was now mustering a busted lip, quivers and says "Sorry.. I won't.."

Jacob looks up and sees me looking at him and just storms off the place having blank look.

Ethan came from the back and had his arms around me in kind of an embrace with his head on top of mine and said "What's up with him? Shall we go to the class?"

I nod my head and there goes 1 hour.
***
Vanessa is talking non stop she saw some random dude in her class playing some sort of game during class she tried to see what the name of the game was she couldn't or some shit like that.

I tuned her off and noticed only the warm hand hovering my thunder thighs. I am a little insecure about them but he is causally keeping his hand over them and is listening to Vanessa.

I smile at him being a good friend and he looks at me and says "Take a photo it lasts longer."

I smile and blush, Vanessa groans and says "Guys don't go all mushy mushy around me, I am saying something important. Melissa is back to school and boy, she looks miserable. It's like all the fillers and implants were taken away from her I guess. No makeup and saggy outfits, she looks like a different person."

I nod my head and I feel a tap on my shoulders, I turn to see it's Melissa. She smiles at me and asks "Can I have a minute with you Savannah?"

I nod my head and get up. She takes me to the garden behind the school and says "I am sorry Savannah that's was so uncool of me to do so, they were just some sort of transfer aggression shit. I didn't mean anything personal to you. You look so beautiful. Don't mistake me for fat shaming you, these two weeks I have been going for therapy. And I reversed all my surgeries. The implants were hurting me as well. So yea I am sorry. I can understand if you want me to keep distance away from you!"

I shake my head, startled but say "Oh my god, I should say sorry. I humiliated you in front of the whole school, I didn't intend to do that but my anger overcame me. I am so sorry. I didn't know you were in some deep shit. I hope you come out of them. You are a good person Melissa, I wish you have a good future."

She nods her head and says bye and leaves.

But before she goes away I say "Hey want to hang out with us for the lunch!" She beams and nods her head.

I chuckle at her enthusiasm and walk towards our table. I can feel everyone looking at us and whispering. We walk towards the table and start eating food I share my food with her.

When I heard someone say "Fat girl sharing food with the queen bee!"

I turn to give him a earful. When Melissa beats me to say "Sorry hobo you good for nothing soul, just shut up and throw your dirty comments in the gutter."

I smile at her and she gives me back the same expression.
I think I got a new friend. I guess?
_________________________________
Hey guys!
I hope you liked this chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment.
Bye