Chapter Thirty: The Black Glow of the Crest of Darkness

SAM'S POV

I was walking with Louis. Though I would never admit it, I was slightly jealous of how three of the girls had found their crests and gotten them to glow.

Heck, I bet Louis had gotten his crest to glow too!

Whatever it was.

He held a SnowKoromon as we walked down the streets. I held Candlemon.

Gosh, this guy is heavy!

I heard panting and looked up to see Koji, Koichi, and Delaney running towards us. Delaney was smiling and held a tag and crest.

When she slid to a stop she handed me the object. "Is this crest yours, Sam?" she asked.

It began to glow a black color, so I nodded. I took it and pulled it on over my head. I picked the object up.

"What have you been up to?" Delaney asked.

Wow.

This is probably the most I've heard her talk.

"Kyoi, Ellie, and Genevieve found their crests and Kyoi and Ellie even got theirs to glow. Kira got to the school. You sent her, didn't you?"

Delaney nodded.

"Etemon and Datamon were defeated. I can get more in depth later, but we should go meet up with the others. I want Izzy to tell me what my crest means," I replied.

Delaney agreed with a simple nod, and we were off.

"What has been going on with you and Koichi?" Louis asked Delaney.

"We were sent here and met Kira. A portal opened and Kira fell through. Ever since, we have been walking around the city. A strange Digimon attacked us when Koji arrived, and that's when Delaney vanished and came back with a crest," Koichi explained.

We all herd a rustle and looked to our left. A Digimon was smiling while hanging upside down from a tree. It laughed as it looked at us.

Flipping over, the Digimon put its hands on its hips and continued to smile.

"Who is that?!?" I asked.

"Flamemon. Takuya turned I to that Digimon once and that's how we found out about Koichi a while back," Koji explained.

Flamemon laughed louder now. "Well kids, looks like Myotismon's prey went running back to get reinforcements. At least I can get more respect by destroying you once and for all."

"Ha! As if!" Louis snorted. "SnowKoromon! Digivolve to Frigimon!"

"SNOWKOROMON, DIGIVOLVE TO...SNOWAGUMON! SNOWAGUMON, DIGIVOLVE TO...FRIGIMON!" Frigimon replaced small SnowKoromon.

It was time to test out my crest.

"CANDLEMON, DIGIVOLVE TO...MERAMON!"

"Aww, too bad I have orders to destroy you so we can't play around!" Flamemon jumped into the tree behind him...or her...OR WHATEVER THE HECK THAT THING IS!

Standing lightly on the top branch, Flamemon began to shake the branch. Frigimon, Wizardmon, and Meramon all threw attacks, however Flamemon jumped out of the way.

He...or it, rather, just laughed some more. I was getting irritated. My crest began to glow black. I looked at it.

"MERAMON, DIGIVOLVE TO...SKULLMERAMON!" SkullMeramon replaced my partner.

I gasped. SkullMeramon tried to punch the giggling Digimon, but missed.

Flamemon flipped away and vanished midair. SkullMeramon shrunk and became DemiMeramon.

I looked at my crest.

I felt the same rage and anger Delaney once had towards her crest.

Stupid thing.

I hated it.

Something didn't feel right, and I wanted to shatter it because of that.

Stupid stupid crest.