Chapter 1

......

Chapter 1: I admire Angsty Teens that Run Away

......

"Will you, Carter, take Selina to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do, Father."

The priest faced Selina Mare, with her stunningly beautiful brown hair that reflected the light even in the darkest of the night. The priest couldn't help but smile at the beautiful woman.

"And you, Selina. Will you take, Carter to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do Father."

"And by the name of the Emperia and the Moon as our guardian, I pronounce you as husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride--"

"I object!" A voice echoed into the hallway, the voice was slurred and sluggish compared to the beautiful bride standing right next to the altar.

The kid who just came in panted heavy breaths and her eyes were brimming with tears.

All the attention from the visitors, relatives, investors, duke, viscount, marquess, barons, and earl transferred right through the direction of the voice that seemed to be desperately trembling.

Chloe.

Chloe Mare.

The little brunette looked around, scanning the grand enormous church. She would kill to be able to experience a wedding this grand.

But it is not the time for thinking something useless like that now, is it?

Chloe wasted no time fooling around and immediately eyed the man in front of her.

Carter Albeliz Gran.

The boy in front of her didn't hint a single emotion in his eyes, but the fact that Chloe's voice was cracked reaching up to him was enough to avoid her gaze.

"I object to this wedding!" Chloe's voice repeated inside the church yet again. Some visitors seemed to be irritated, some intrigued, others relieved, and some mad.

Carter was avoiding Chloe's gaze but it felt like he was about to tear up. The betrayal he committed made him feel guilty to the point that when he opened his mouth, the only taste he could distinguish from the dryness was the taste of metal.

He is not a heartless bastard who would throw everything aside, he is not selfish, and he is not bad, he did this for Chloe. Yes, it's for Chloe.

Liar.

That's what he is, he fell in love.

He left her.

Carter was a guy who lacked love from his parents, Chloe knows that much. He was nothing but a nuisance, she said. And so, he was cast away. He knows how it feels to be not loved, the days came by when he was left on his own by his mother.

Chloe heard that she was out messing around and screwing up in the high society, that's why he ran away from home. Eventually, everything went in a daze when he woke up in a place where all the Animalias were wearing high-class fashion, and clothes with brands he only saw in the frame of his mother.