The One with the Finale

Amayra POV :

Oh god is it true ? of course it is true, I was stupid enough to fall in love with him the first time I saw him and now I know that he likes me too !! I just wanted to do this weird happy dance now but also I wanted to smack my head twice he likes you but does he love you ? from his face when I left he was sad that there is going to be nothing between us but he did not want to give us a chance. I was right he was a coward, he likes me but not enough to see a future in us.

I was sitting on my seat replaying the conversation I had with him again, while our childish banter gets a smile on my face his fear makes me cry inside because you see I do not want to freak out people.

I started staring in to a space , when the poor guy asked me if I was fine , what could I tell him ? so I just gave a nod, there were instances in the past where I liked some guys but the other person did not feel the same , that did not effect me a lot. Now after knowing we both have a chance and yet we are not taking it up is killing me inside. I looked at him serving some people ahead when he was about to serve our seat I left to the washroom, not because I wanted to trouble him it was because I was on verge to cry.

I was walking back to my seat when he tried to talk to me about my choice of snacks when I just shook my head and sat on my seat , I could not let myself look at him. Few more hours and the flight would be landing.... then just like every time I could just go and shed some tears of self pity and rejection.....

Puneet POV 

After I watched her go I know she is not okay the face did not hold any expressions, she was staring in to a space, she took a while to respond to people, I mean she took a while to respond to that jerk sitting with her. I got concerned, she was avoiding looking up , she was busy looking at the magazine we provided her but she was not reading it , I took out some drinks and snacks to serve people and I was walking to her seat, she saw me and ran to the washroom, when she came back her eyes looked puffy. Her being upset is not going well with me, I cannot see her like this , why should I be concerned ? It is not like I am in love with her , I like her then why should I care? Then I saw her rubbing her fingers on her forehead and I got concerned but I did not move from my place but I know then that whom I am I kidding it effects me deeply if she is upset , I like her a lot but do I love her ?

After about an hour she came to where I was standing , I was shocked to see her there , I thought she would never look at me but she had a small smile and asked for a ginger ale, I was confused on what was she trying to do , I gave her a glass of her drink and she gave a sigh !! I looked at her she took a long sip of her drink and looked at me , I was already looking at her ..

Amayra : You know how life happens to suck sometimes ?

Puneet : Yeah tell me about it 

Amayra : I guess this is it , isn't it ?

Puneet : I am sorry , I am genuinely sorry, I like you that I couldn't help but I know I am going to mess it up and the sole thought stops me from taking a step. Being away is far more better then the hurt we will carry for life.

Amayra : I guess !! I might object but it wouldn't change your decision right ?

Puneet : I don't want you to be hurt , you of all the people. You deserve love, passion, happiness and a peaceful future. I know I am not that !!

Amayra :  Bullshit !! You have a chance but you just do not want to try

Puneet : I do not want to be this way, even in these few hours we know each other I hurt you , I saw your teary eyes, I know that probably that is what is going to happen too in the future.