Chapter 5

"We're doubling patrols until I can figure out what's causing the attacks." Slender announced.

    We we're all in the kitchen that night. Jeff, Sadie, and I were sitting on the couch, resting. My head was tender and my entire body was stiff. It had been a day since Jeff and I were knocked out by the mysterious creature.

    Sadie didn't see the creature either. Apparently she went off without us because she was sick of the bickering, and something grabbed her. It covered her mouth and everything was a blur after that.

    None of us thought she was going to survive. But somehow Slender managed to heal her. She could barely walk by herself anymore, but Slender said she should heal just fine.

    Slenderman wasn't happy with Jeff and I for going out ourselves. In fact, if it weren't for our injuries, he would have punished us with a few lashes.

    "(Y/N), Jeff, you two will be fine. My mixtures should have helped. Your punishment is patrol for the rest of the week." Slenderman said. If he had eyes I'm pretty sure he would have been giving us a cold stare.

     "But all we were literally-" Jeff began, only to be silenced my Slender's angry lash of his tentacle. BEN snickered slightly. Jeff glared at him, giving him an I'll kill you later look.

    I groaned inwardly, rubbing my temples in annoyance.

    "I want everyone in patrol to at least stay with one person at all times. Every inch of the forest must be patrolled, even if it takes all day. Suspicious activity must be reported immediately. Understood?" Slenderman ordered, his dominant aura washing over the room.

    "All day? Whaaat?" BEN complained, huffing.

    "Is there a problem?" Slender asked, his voice impatient. BEN's eyes went wide and he shook his head.

    "Any other complaints?" Everyone was silent. "Good."

    I sighed, looking over to Jeff who still had an irritated expression written on his face. EJ was the first to get up and leave, everyone else either talking or just.. I don't know being serial killers I guess.

    "It's stupid that we get punished for helping." I said to Jeff, who was still silent and lost in his own world.

    "Yeah, especially when we've been punished enough." he growled after a moment, gesturing to the wrapping around my head.

    We talked a little more, but our conversations were always short.

    "(Y/N), wanna play spin the bottle before bed?" BEN asked with a sly expression on his face. BEN and I weren't on the best terms, but we cleared things up a little ever since Jeff and I returned.

    "What's that?" I questioned perking up at the mention of a game. I mean, I had technically lived my entire childhood in a prison. How was I supposed to know what it was?

     "You don't know what spin the bottle is?" BEN looked surprised, and same with all the other proxies.

    "It's a stupid*ss game. I'm going upstairs." Jeff huffed, getting up. But BEN stopped him before he could go.

    "C'mon, don't be like EJ!" BEN jeered.

    "We're f***ing serial killers BEN, we don't play mere games. That's childish." Jeff scoffed, pulling his knife out.

    "You're just afraid since (Y/N) is playing." LJ chuckled.

    Why would he be afraid if I was playing? I thought, confused. Jeff wasn't afraid of literally anything, I was pretty sure he wasn't afraid of me.

    "That's ridiculous. I'm not scared worth a sh*t." Jeff growled.

    "P-prove i-it" Toby said, pulling out a water bottle from the fridge.

    BEN smirked, crossing his arms while Clockwork came to sit near Sadie and I.

   Jeff looked straight up pissed, as if he wasn't sure if he should play to prove his point or leave and seem like a coward.

    "Whatever! This is f***ing stupid. We're serial killers!" Jeff stormed back into the living room, pushing past BEN.

   "So? Who said serial killers couldn't have fun every once in awhile?" Clockwork countered.

    I was honestly surprised no one had attacked anyone yet. I thought it was rather pleasant for a moment of peace. I didn't understand why Jeff was such a party pooper either.

    "Okay so can someone explain how to play?" I asked, excitement clear in my voice. I felt like a child, but it felt great.

    "Well, first we need a bottle." BEN began, looking over to Toby who had chugged the water he pulled from the fridge earlier.

    "H-h-here." Toby said, tossing the bottle to BEN.

    BEN placed it on its side on the table, the cap pointing to me.

    "So basically, someone spins the bottle. The person it lands on is the person you have to kiss. If it lands on yourself then it'll just move onto the next person." BEN explained.

    My eyes widened as I realized the reason Jeff didn't want to play.

    "Just like.. on the cheek, right?" I asked nervously, beginning to regret not leaving while I had the chance.

    "Nope. We're not p***y's. Its lips for at least seven seconds." BEN answered. Jeff tensed up, and I did too.

    What series of mistakes have I done that have lead to this moment?

***

I just realized that literally half of my chapters end with a thought.. soz about that I'll have to fix it later in life.

Thorn, Out