Chapter 24

Enjoy :)

***

"You think we're good?" I asked quietly, sticking close to Jeff as we walk down the rickety stairs.

"If you would shut up maybe we will be." he whispered back. I rolled my eyes.

Jeff hurried down, getting down before I did. He was the master of stealth.

He gestured for me to hurry, his annoyance obvious. I gave him an irritated face as I sped up, trying my best to keep my steps light. Every time the stairs made a noise I would tense up, just waiting for Slenderman or any other person there to catch us. Thankfully, though, I made it to the bottom without any issues.

We unlocked the door, slowly pushing it open and then rushing outside.

"So you said he has it guarded?" I asked once we shut the door.

"Yeah, he doesn't want anyone near his mixtures. It will alert him if it spots us, and if Slenderman discovers us he will actually kill us. No joke." Jeff replied, his voice grim. He even seemed the slightest bit afraid. I responded with an, "Oh.."

But Slenderman wouldn't actually kill us.

Right?

We slinked through the forest, staying alert. I kept an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. Right then would've been a perfect time for something to grab us and take us away, without a single soul realizing until much later.

I shivered at the thought.

"We almost there?" I asked minutes later, beginning to get impatient. The anticipation was much too high.

"Almost, now settle down. I can sense your fear." he huffed. I scrunched my eyebrows together at that statement.

What a weirdo. I thought. He couldn't 'sense' worth a sh*t. ..Or at least I hoped so.

The chill in the air was almost eerie, crawling up my back in a teasing manner. I shook off the feeling with a quiver.

Jeff picked up his pace, obviously anxious to get there as well. I stuck with him, trying to focus on not making a single noise. I still felt unnerved for some reason. As if Slenderman was watching us. But I knew that was ridiculous, he was in the mansion. Well, hopefully.

As I was wondering if we were gonna get caught, Jeff suddenly rammed into me and pushed me to the ground. I grunted, about to curse, but Jeff shoved his palms against my mouth so I wouldn't make a sound.

I stopped struggling, seeing the seriousness glistening in his eyes. I froze as I heard irregular footsteps crunching in the leaves. I could hardly see in the darkness, but I could make out an unusually lean creature stalking throughout the trees. It was coming near us.

Panic flared throughout my body and enflamed my legs in paralyzation. My heart rate sped up drastically as I held onto Jeff instinctively.

Jeff flattened himself against me, rolling into the bushes as he gripped on my ribs. I held in a grunt as cold sweat trickled down my forehead. I could feel myself suffocating but I couldn't find it in myself to move a single muscle as the creature shuffled by us.

As soon as it got passed us Jeff released me and jumped to his feet, keeping crouched. I slowly exhaled, following Jeff as he crept toward a small build. I knew the monster wasn't nearby, yet I could feel somethings eyes burning in the back of my head. It was unsettling, knowing something was there, looking straight at you.

I looked behind me, catching a glimpse of bright green eyes flashing in the bushes.

Great. Not now!

    I dropped back as Jeff continued forward. He didn't notice me back up.

    "What are you doing?!" I exclaimed as quietly as possible.

    "I saw you sneaking off with that guy and I wanted to see what was up!" he chuckled, "And by the way, there's a monster here that could rip you to shreds."

    "Thanks, I didn't notice." I said sarcastically. He smiled brightly despite the danger. I shook my head. He shouldn't have been there!

    "(Y/N)?" Jeff whisper yelled. "Come here now! We have to hurry while it's gone."

    "You need to go." I pressed, pushing him back. "It's dangerous here and Jeff might see you!"

    "But-" he began, but I cut him off.

    "Go!" I growled as I turned away. I ducked under the low hanging branches and swerved around the bushes.

    "(Y/N)!" Jeff said softly, his voice becoming impatient. "Where are you!"

    "Calm down!" I replied in a hushed tone. I hurried forward, almost instantly getting pulled back by a long, thorn vine. I struggled for a second, tugging on the thorns. I thought they would come out easier but it actually got to the point where I had to tear the fabric of my shirt.

     "(Y-" Jeff began.

    "Shut up!" I hissed angrily.

    "Fine, then I'm going without you!" Jeff hissed back. I panicked a little, not wanting to be left alone with the monster. I yanked the thorns from my shirt, stumbling backward a little from the force.

    SNAP! my foot landed on a stray twig jutting from the ground. I froze in fear as I almost immediately heard something begin crawling toward me.

    A strange noise rumbled from the thicket in front of me, a noise that sounded almost like a distorted purr.

    I clenched my jaw. Sh*t.

    I gathered my wits and whirled around, charging away. I was panicking and wasn't thinking about all the ruckus I was making. I could've easily snuck away, but between the stress and fear I wasn't thinking straight.

    The purr turned into a vicious growl as the heavy crunching of leaves lumbered toward me. I leaped over a log, falling a little as my foot smacked the bark. My chest rapidly rose up and down, horror piercing through my lungs as I regained my balance. It was gaining on me little by little.

    I stumbled around a tree, plunging through a thorn bush and instantly shifting. I tripped up as my paw got tangled on a vine. I snarled, my mind in shambles as I yanked the root from the ground. I was prepared to face it. But something was so intimidating about it. I wasn't so sure if slenderman put some sort of intimidation aura around it or something, but if he did than it was working.

    It ripped through the bushes, I could practically feel it breathing on my haunches as I rushed toward the building that Jeff was in.

    It was so close, and I was positive Jeff could hear what was happening. I lunged forward, about to bust into Slenders Build.

    I yelped in fear as long fingers gripped my haunches and yanked me backward. I was flipped around, met face to face with a faceless monster that had only a wide, sharp fanged smile. As soon as it "saw" me, it lifted its head and began to make a strange, guttural roar. It started as a rumble in the chest, but before it could get much stronger a figure charged at the creature and knocked it to the ground.

    I shook my head and rolled back onto my feet, rushing to the monster to help who I assumed was Jeff.

    "Look what you've done! We have to knock it out before it alerts Slenderman!" Jeff hollers as he tussles with the creature, trying to keep its unusually wide mouth shut.

    There was NO way we were going to be able to pull this off.

——

Thoughts? Sorry if this completely sucked lol I haven't written in forever.

Also, happy bday to Frantasticbooty Thanks for getting me back to writing n stuff! You're absolutely amazing dude, please stay that way forever :) ❤️❤️

Thorn, Out