Bad habits (Before the 1988 Interview)

It's been a month since the last chapter. Queen have made a total of three music videos so far.
1.)Invisible man
2.)I want it all
3.)Breakthru.
Queen are having an interview in this chapter. It's the first one of '88.
This chapter will once again be in Roger's POV. Thanks for reading.

(One month later) (POV-Roger)

I sat on the couch with Deaky, Fred and Bri waiting for the interview to start. I was drumming my fingers on my leg. I was in the middle of Brian and Fred. Fred had a lite stick between his fingers. Brian was talking low with Deaky, who was sat on the other side of him.

"Calm down would you Rog?" Fred asked putting his hand over mine making me look up at him. At that moment he was releasing smoke from his slightly parted lips.
"Please just stop that nonsense!" He said slowly removing his hand from mine. I took a breath smelling the smoke. "I'm a nurvous mess!" He smirked at me. "Couldn't tell." I rolled my eyes laying my head back. "Why is this blasted thing so small?" I asked barely able to move on this small couch. All our body's are cramped together on this leather couch. Freddie has his legs proped up on the coffee table, flicking his ashes into the ashtray on the arm of the couch. Brian has one leg over the other and deak his sitting normally with his hands resting in his lap. I'm just trying to get confortable.

"You know Mel is making me stop 'my bad habbit'." I said glaring at my father-in-law. He smiled licking his lips. "It's not my fault she has that strong of a grip on you dear." It all started at our honeymoon. First as a little bet.

"Why must you always smoke Roggie?" Mel asked laying on the bed. I was next to her. One arm behind my head and the other holding my stick. I smirked at her. "Well after that I would think you'd want on!" She blushed getting up and slowly making her way to the window. "You've had this bad habbit since I've known you!" I smiled at her. "So about twenty years then?" She looked at me and  rolled her eyes. Turning back to look out the window at the waves she mummbled something under her breath. Then turned gracefully around to face me.
"I bet you could'nt go a day without it!" I snickered watching her slowly walk back to the bed. "I agree!" She rolled her eyes. "Why not just quite!" I scoffed looking at her now at the foot of the large bed. "Because I don't want too!" She frowned. "Roger!" I took a breath. "Please! It's bad for you!" I rolled my eyes. "Mel, your dad seems to always have one lite and in his hand!" She scoffed sitting down on the edge of the bed. "And I've tried all my life to get him to stop! " I smiled. "Why are you bringing it up now? My bad habbit I mean?" She got closer, laying her head on my chest. "Because. I-I want to live a long happy life with you Roger! Smoking leads to bad things. Like cancer and-" She was having a panic attack. She must really be worried about it. "Melody, Mel love look-look!" She stopped rambling about all the dangers it could case me if I continued my bad habbit. I've had this habbit since I was about fifteen. I think if something were to happen it would have already, but the way She's looking at me right now, man.
"Melody?" She gulped. "Your really afraid I'd get hurt from this?" I asked still holding it. She shook her head and I exhauled. "I mean think of it Rog! And the kids! They'd grow up and think. Well if dad smokes then it should be okay for us to too!" I smirked at her attempt at a mans voice. "Was that an interbrutation of an older Richard or Felix?" I asked smirking. She rolled her eyes. "Please Roger! Please, I-I love you so much and could'nt take it if I lost you! I-I can't deal with that!" Her eyes were watering and she gripped my arm. "Alright Mel." She gulped. "I'll take your bet. But all add just about forever to it!" She blinked not getting it untill I reached over to the nightstand and put it out. It was only half done. I turnd back and she smiled brightly at me.
"So you'll quiet then?" I smiled touching her face. "For you lovley I'd do anything!" She pulled me into a loving kiss.

After all I've found my new addiction. Her! Melody Jer Mercury-Taylor, my beautiful wife and loving mother of my children. My soul mate and lovley angel. My Melody...

"Roger!" Brian nugged me and I huffed. "The interview is about to start!" He said softly. "You zoned out." He said smirking. "Sorry Bri. Just thinking. You know I never thought quiting would be this hard!" Brian smirked at me. "Well you'll make it. You won't crave it forever." He said patting my shoulder. Freddie smirked at me blowing the last of his smoke out. "Yea. Not forever! You could just cave!" He snickerd and Brian rolled his eyes. "I'm proud of you. Kicking your habbit and all." Deaky said smiling at me. "How long has it been since you've had one?" Brian asked making me groan. "A month!" Deaky smiled lening forward to touch my hand. "Your doing a wonderful job!" I smiled at him. "It would be helpful if someone." I said glaring at Fred, who was smirking at me. "Would be more understanding that I'm trying to stop but with that person constantly doinging it around me makes me crave it even more!" Fred snicked crossing his arms after moving the ashtray back to the tabe.

John has been great about it and would go outside anytime he needed a smoke break. Or like when we were shooting Breakthru, he would go far away from me. "Thank you for understanding Deak." I said clarifying I was not talking about him. John smiled sitting back. Brian gave Fred a look. "He's right you know!" Fred scoffed. "Oh please It's not hurting him! He likes it because that way he still smells it!" Brian scoffed. "Second hand!" Freddie rolled his eyes. "For once in your life Bri could you not act like a mother? Really your always ranting like a mum!" Brian crossed his arms and frowned. "Even now! The disaproved scawl of a mother!" Fred said laughing. I smirked seeing Brian glarling at Fred.

Hope you liked the little before the interview chapter. Actual  interview next chapter.

Love you✌