Life long truth

Don't know where I ended up. I just kept walking till I fell to my knees, unable to hold back the tears that have been building up for the past seven years. I had no idea how long I was there for, just crying. It must have been a while, after all it was seven years worth of tears. It was then that something hit me. Mental pain soared through my mind, making my head throb and burn at the same time. I held my head, unable to stop myself from screaming at the top of my lungs. Flashes of pain, regret, fear and anger ran through me as different images flashed through my mind. Images of the King, and those before him, killing off my kind. I saw my parents die, I could hear their screams echo in my ears as they were slaughtered trying to protect me.

"Cora!" I heard my name, I couldn't tell if it was the memories or if someone was actually trying to help me. I couldn't do anything but scream as the pain of the memories continued to soar through my mind. Then I blacked out. Again.

................................

I awoke to the sound of horses stamping their feet, the dust bellowed around my face, making me cough and forcing me to sit up. My head still hurt, although it was nothing compared to what I had just experienced.

"You're awake."

Patrick sat beside me, handing me a satchel of water. I took a gulp, trying to wash down the dust I had just inhaled.

"How long was I out for?"

"Half the night."

"What? Why didn't you wake me?"

"You were out cold, we couldn't have woken you even if we wanted to." He stared into my eyes, "What happened?"

I gave him back the satchel and hugged my knees, "I let my emotions take too much control. I began to remember and experience the rage of those before me. It happened once before, when my bloodline first unlocked itself. When my parents died."

"I'm sorry. I had no idea how much the King had hurt you."

"It's not just me. It's everyone in the four Kingdoms."

He nodded and sat up, "We have to gather more supplies. It looks like we've picked up another member."

"I don't eat that much."

"I'm not talking about you." he nodded towards the Prince, the rope was removed from his wrists, "He decided to stay with us. He see's the pain his father has caused you, and wants to assist you on your journey."

"Why?"

"Because he also has experienced pain from his father. After all the stories are true, the King killed his mother."

"What?"

"Apparently the Queen was planning to overthrow the King and attempt to find the Warrior Bloods that had survived, that is if any had."

"That's why there was such a sudden wave of raids."

Patrick nodded, "The King wanted to make sure that there were no more Warrior Bloods in existence. Looks like he missed one."

Patrick left with a few of his men. I got up and moved towards the Prince.

"I had no idea that he killed your mother."

He looked up at me, old hurt and sadness filled his eyes.

"He doesn't know that I remember. He thought I was too young to do so."

I sat beside him, "Then why do you protect him?"

"He's my father. My blood. I have to."

I hugged my knees, unsure of what to say to him. He broke the silence.

"What is your name? If I'm going to be travelling with you, I should know."

"Cora. Zenith. What's yours?"

"You don't know?"

I shook my head, "We are only ever allowed to call you 'the Prince'."

"I'm Sebastian."

He had such a soft face when he smiled, unlike his father who's turned ugly because of that ghastly scar.

"Cora!"

Patrick's voice echoed through the chamber.

"Yes?"

"Get what you can, we need to move!"

I jumped up and gathered the packs, filling them with what supplies Patrick had managed to gather. I finally got a look at the symbol on the carriage, it was a scorpion. They were definitely from Asiathia, but what were they doing so far away?

"Everyone ready? Each carry a pack and lets get moving."

We did as we were told and headed out the way the horses were led in, it was up a ramp made of boulders. When we got outside, we were greeted with a gust of cold air. The moon was up, shining its silvery light along with the millions of stars that accompanied it each night. We were already one hundred meters above the ground, all that was left to do was to climb up, that was something that I was not looking forward. I followed closely behind Patrick who was in the lead, Sebastian was behind me and Patricks men brought up the end. Which made me curious, who was in the carriage? It was not a woman, I would have noticed, so it has to be one of the men.