Chapter 2

"I-I..." Alice struggled to get her words out.
"What is it Al? What are you trying to say?" Of course he knew but he didn't want to force anything. He couldn't lose her again.
"I- Nothing, forget it. Thank you for telling me about Hal. I'm going to sort it don't worry and i'm not going to physically hurt him, so get that look off your face. I may need you help though."
"Anything for you." His comment almost made things a tad awkward as they both knew the tension in the room was rising.
However, FP stayed with Alice for another few hours, helping her for a while until she got a call from Hal that he was nipping back because he forgot his wallet. She knew as well as FP that something big would blow up if Hal saw his wife with her ex.

"FP, your going to have to hide in our room! Go!"  she knew he should just leave but, for some reason, she couldn't let him. Like she said, she needed him.

"Al, why don't I get going-" he didn't have chance to finish; Alice knew he'd say something, he's not stupid. "Forsythe, I want you here. Just do it!"
So he did. He didn't actually know where it was, he just knew because of her signature smell filling up the room. Chanel Number 4, if you were wondering. He looked around a bit, cringing at the photos of Hal and her together. He looked through her draws, not to be strange, to see if he could find her jacket but had no luck.

From upstairs he could hear them talking.
"Alice." Hals greeting enraged him. Thats it. That's how he greets her after 25 years of marriage he still can't string a sentence together to make her smile.
"Hal, here's your wallet. You can go now." She didn't engage in conversation, she couldn't after what she found out this morning. It took all her strength to keep her cool. She had to wait for the right moment.
"Not so fast, babe. I'm sorry about how we left things this morning." He lifted her up and put her on the counter. "Hal, stop, i'm not in the mood."
FP couldn't listen to this anymore, he needed to get him away from her before he did something he regretted.
He started to walk downstairs and could hear Hal kissing Alice and as he turned around he saw how the kiss was one-sided. FP curled his fist and spun Hal around with the other getting ready to hit this man until a broken Alice spoke up.
"Forsythe! Don't. Hal get out, I don't want you here tonight!" he turned red with anger.

"What is this, Alice? Your shacking up with you ex-boyfriend, there's the trashy, Southside Alice we all know! You just couldn't wait could you. The minute you saw him you had to drop your pants you Southside slu-"
He was cut off by FP "Don't you even think about finishing that sentence or I swear to God, I will have no mercy!"
That name hurt Alice.

She started dating FP in high school, before she knew he was still with his cheerleader hookup. He ended it after a few days later but it was her that started the name and it stuck ever since. "Serpent Slut". It boiled FP's blood and broke Alices heart, she was no slut. She couldn't ever be a slut.

"Hal, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! NOTHING HAPPENED BETWEEN ME AND FP, WHICH IS MORE THAN YOU CAN SAY ABOUT PENELOPE BLOSSOM ISN'T IT. SO SAVE IT AND GET OUT! I don't want you here when the kids get home."

FP was taken aback with her strength and admired her standing up to this "man".

He did leave without a second thought. He didn't try an explain it apologise about the Blossom in his life, he just left. But sure enough, the other man in her life stayed. He sat on the sofa with her and made sure she was safe. It was only 11:00AM and she was already exhausted.

"Alice, why don't we go out, to Pops. Nothing to dressy just you and me. And I mean Alice Smith, not Alice Cooper. If I don't see you in some jeans and a casual tee or shirt, i'm going to go upstairs and change you myself!" This made her chuckle as she knew he wasn't lying.

"Fine. Yes, we'll go to Pops. Let me get out of these clothes and tidy up a bit first."

Was this her first date with Forsythe Pendleton in 25 years? She couldn't remember the last time they'd spoken nicely to each other and then, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, it's like they were teenagers again. Not that either of them were complaining.

After about 30 minutes or so, she came down the stairs in black, tight, high-waisted jeans that hugged her figure , a snake skin blouse that left little to the imagination and some heels finished off by her perfect red lipstick and a jacket. She knew this wasn't just "jeans and a top", this was ultimate Southside Alice. The Alice that she left behind but the Alice that Forsythe kept with him for 25 years.

She took his breath away all these years later and he couldn't help but look her up and down. How could things have gone so badly between them? Anyway, this time he wasn't going to mess anything up. Any chance he has with her, he was going to think about. He loved this woman and she loved this man but one of them couldn't say it.

Part 2. I want to thank you for you support on part 1, I know part 2 is out really soon but I couldn't wait, this idea just came flowing out and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! I love you all. As always this story is in loving memory of Luke Perry, may he rest with the angels!
-M xox