Chapter 1

It had been almost three months since Y/n had woken from the game. She was extremely confused at her last moments in Card Master and the entire scenario as a whole had left her with unanswered questions that continued to distract her day to day.

She was currently sat at her kitchen table, the marble counter top holding her laptop as she scrolled through news articles about the game. No one was currently home, except herself, a few house maids and her sister. It had always puzzled her, the story of Card Master and the more she thought about it the more she believed the game was all make belief.

457 player deaths and yet only 11 players came out. News articles only covered the 11 players as if the others were non existent. Nothing made sense. Not only that, but the only player who had been shown to the public was herself and 56. The others? No where to be found on any records.

Every title was the same on every news website that covered the return of the missing people. With a furrowed brow she had searched every detail but all she could find was useless information. Nothing had any leads on where anyone was. At this point Y/n could only believe that her cards were not real, but deep down she knew they had to be out there.

And when she'd find them she'll get her answers as to why they did what they did.

As she scrolled past another article a deep sigh left Y/n's lips, her finger lifting off the touchpad to grab the piece of toast one of the house chefs had prepared for her. The page had stopped on a picture of herself at an interview her parents had set up once Y/n was deemed healthy by the doctors. Her parents had loved the attention, every single bit of it. They had finally found some worth for their youngest daughter.

The only person in her family that had shown any normal reaction to her return from the unknown was her sister, Ahrin. It had taken her sister a few weeks to stop saying sorry for all the things she didn't do before Y/n had gone missing. Every time Y/n's frequent headaches came on she would be there with a cold cloth and snacks, prepared to fight the pain that would last for 20 minutes or more. She had definitely started to appreciate her little sister more and started realising her parents blatant favouritism to her.

Y/n had been grateful to her but sometimes she would go a bit too far. Not allowing her to leave the house, or do anything that put too much stress on her mind were constant guidelines at the start, however she had started to become more lenient to allowing her little sister to do more activity out of her view. For example, today.

Today was the day she'd go meet up with Sungjae in real life. Since they hadn't officially met even before the game, only through video calls and pictures could they know what each other looked like, Y/n wanted to catch up with the boy. She hadn't seen him since the game and had only seen him irl on the news. Digging through information files, she had managed to locate the boys school. He had only started going back last week, his own hospital letting him out later for reasons unknown to her, yet most likely for the reason she was thinking.

More time in game = more time to recover.

With nothing else to do but lounge around all day, this small adventure out into the world was enough to keep her occupied for now.

Without wasting much longer on her breakfast, Y/n was ready to start. Since he wouldn't be out of school till later in the day, Y/n thought the best way to spend her time waiting was by playing video games on her new computer.

Her sister didn't want to take anymore chances when she found out Y/n was still going to play those 'dangerous' video games and made sure to buy her the best most protected PC the market could buy. It cost thousands. Yet she didn't mind.

Despite the trauma Card Master had brought, she still loved the play her favourite MMO - Solar Sword Online. Her old account laid dormant for the time she was in Card Master, leaving her account guild piling up with incomplete job requests. Her rank had also seemed to drop from number 1, and she was discovering the newly added areas that she had missed.