Superhero Story

I slipped on my hoodie and flicked all of the lights off in the small apartment I lived in

I slipped on my hoodie and flicked all of the lights off in the small apartment I lived in. I walked a steady pace down the sidewalk, going to my favorite burger place in this city.

There was a man putting up letters on the movie theatre sign, the latter he was standing on began to wobble. He seemed oblivious to the fact that he was about to fall. Just before it was too late I rushed over and steadied the latter and bolted it into the ground so fast no one even noticed I had moved.

I could still feel the energy coursing through my body. It felt like bugs crawling under my skin, but it didn't bother me like it should have. Instead of causing me to freak out and slap my arms like a crazy person, it made me smile in satisfaction.

The moment I stepped through the glass doors of the burger place the smell of grilled foods and the perfume of the little old lady to the right of me invaded my senses. I ordered my food and took a seat.

I unwrapped my burger and lifted it to my mouth to take a bite. The television screen at the front of the room caught my attention. The news reporter looked stressed as she tried to stay calm while explaining the situation, one side of the collar on her shirt was popped up making her look a nervous mess.

Poor woman.

In the background, there was a man in a green suit with fire coming out of his hands, he was directing it towards buildings and anything else that was in close range.

I dropped my burger and was gone in the blink of an eye. Running through the streets everyone seemed to be frozen in time, stuck in ways that could only be described as odd or unusual.

The wind hitting my face almost stung, my skin heated up to the point that if I weren't used to it I'd think I were about to catch a flame.

I grabbed a bunch of dry ice from the nearby school, which is probably there for experiments, and ripped down some curtains. Once I reached the scene where the strange burning man was barbecuing everything, I wrapped the dry ice around his hands with the curtains and drug him to stand next to the news reporter and took the cuffs off of a police officer that was standing there, to cuff his wrists together.

I was back at the burger place before anyone had time to process anything, not before I fixed the news reporters collar of course. Once I was back where I started I grabbed my burger again, just before it fell on the plate.

I made it back mid burger fall, not too shabby if I do say so myself.

I took a bite out of my burger and settled in to watch the reactions of the people on the television screen with a smile on my face. The news reporter turned to the crazy fire man who had just appeared, seemingly out of nowhere, gaping like a fish. They just stared at each other, baffled. And I saved the day again!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

These first three were all very different.

Want more?

Comment here and Lmk ;)