Mysterious street encounter

The darkness engulfed the buildings surrounding me, as a few stars twinkled in the night sky seeming to dance around the brightly lit moon.

I was on my way home from my job at the small cafe at the opposite end of town. The wind was gently caressing my cheeks as I sauntered down the sidewalk mindlessly avoiding the cracks of the old concrete. It was a peaceful silence that filled the lonely air around me, there was not another person in sight.

A few minutes of peaceful silence passed before I heard the shouts and grunts of pain. Panic began to settle in my gut while my attention was fixed in the direction of the ruckus coming from the dark alley opposite of me, away from the welcoming  yellow glow of the old street light posts.

The shouting came to an abrupt stop and I quickly ran for cover beside the nearest building as the sound of rushing footsteps neared. I peered around the corner to see three large men, one holding a knife, run out from the darkness of the alley behind the buildings on the opposite side of the street and ran the direction I was coming from in a haste.

A moment later a man walked out from the same spot between the buildings clutching the right side of his abdomen with his left hand. He peeled his hand away from the spot he was clutching on his torso and grimaced at the blood that was soaking through the cloth of his ripped shirt.

Blood, it never really had an effect on me. People bleed, that's just how it is. The thing that effected me was the fact that some people had the heart to spill another persons blood, and that's what made me nauseous.

He placed his hand back over his wound and began walking the opposite direction of the men with knives had went.

Watching the man, I realized he was probably in need of help and in an excessive amount of pain. An uneasy feeling was felt in my gut at the sight of his slightly slouched figure walking away.

Stepping out from my hiding spot I took quick timid steps towards him. "Excuse me, do you need help?" I asked with worry laced in my voice, stopping next to him a few feet away.

He may have been a complete stranger to me but he was hurt, I know if I were hurt I'd want someone to help me.

I was eyeing the injured spot where blood could be seen, without getting too close of course. He was turned a little towards me to see who had dared to approach him, I hadn't noticed what he looked like until I got across the street to him.

He was fairly young and seemed to be well built, around the age of twenty five definitely no older than thirty. His hair was a black curly mess that was shaved shorter on the sides, and he had a neatly kept stubble on his face. His stoney features were impassive as he just stood there watching me with a harsh look, the light above revealed a green color in his menacing eyes.

His silence made me shift uncomfortably, and I decided to try again. "You look injured, do you want me to call someone? Or go get some help?"

He glanced around before looking back down at me. At that moment I noticed something glint in the hand that wasn't clutching his torso.

My eyebrows knit in curiosity as I tilted my head to look around him towards the object in his hand trying to see what it was. I realized it was a gun and took a few apprehensive steps back while my eyes widened in shock.

The man noticed my reaction and stood up straightening out his stance, his hand gripping the gun tighter. Still clutching his wound, he turned his body completely towards me towering over my small figure, making me feel tiny compared to the stranger. His eyes were cold and lifeless as he stared at me. "You have no idea who I am, do you?" He said in a soft voice, not the comforting soft like a mother would speak to her child, but like the footfalls of a lion stalking its prey.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

She done messed up. Leave strangers alone kids.