Prologue

4:32AM and as usual, I was up.

Stretching lightly by the window, I turned around to open the silk curtain allowing the touch of cold wind on my skin as the darkness from the brew came to give me their greetings.

Getting my robe from the side desk and adjusting my mismatching socks that seemed to have moved in my sleep, I went to check my phone for any new calls while walking to the bathroom in order to change into a workout gear and start my daily warm up.

5:04AM

As any other day, jogging from around the house, taking a hot shower afterwards to remove the frosty feeling from my skin and finally going back to my warm robes while towel drying my hair.

That was my routine for a month, but it was, certainly, not something enjoyable as the article tried to picture.

I was not a morning person.

And certainly I was not the sporty kind of person as well.

Renee promised me that it would change my life on the 21st day, that I would be a new woman. But the only new thing that changed about me was my lack of sleep throughout the entire day and the annoying hangover from the few glasses of wine that I had the day before -that were certainly a cheap ass bottle from the lowest quality and not the expensive imported wine that his girlfriend tried to convince us.

Not to blame, Isabel was a sweetheart, but was as naïve as a newborn baby.

Probably that was the reason that she was with that cunning fox of a man called Renee.

I tried putting my favorite playlist to get some motivation as I brushed my hair with the sound of Queens, trying to stay awake for a moment, while waiting for the key sounds form downstairs.

"Good morning Sue" I shouted as I put my best blue suit and a white button up silky shirt, my grandma's watch and a long necklace with a single diamond on the end, trying to look the most professional that I could.

"Miss" Sue answered as if to acknowledge her presence "I brought croissants and fresh cheese, a gift from Sir Thomas".

I cringed as I heard his name. Pierre Thomas Feraluré has been hitting on me for weeks, and not only that, as his advances keep getting more annoying as time passes. At first they were flowers, then gems, then watches and now....food.

And everyone knew I can't say no to food.

"thank him for me Sue" I said as trying to put my heels on and walking confidently on the white carpet "And tell him not to send more gifts".

Going down stairs I put my hair on a high ponytail and tried to adjust my sunglasses on the top of my head.

"Miss, you work with him, it would be easier for you to do so" she giggled "And he is a piece of.." I glared at her "he is very handsome mister, and you two would look beautiful together, imagine your children".

I laughed looking at the elderly woman, Sue Walker worked for my family for ages and after I left home, she went with me. She was originally from Hong Kong, even though she was from English heritage and looked as European as any English grandma would.

"I think I will pass, and he works for me, he should know better at how much I spend my money on him than to spend his job ogling his own boss."

She kept on preparing the coffee as the croissants started singing in my ears with their seductive sizzling sounds.

I looked at the antique clock on my wrists as the time kept clicking.

6:27AM

"Are the flowers prepared yet?" I asked Sue, as she sighed and got to her professional charade.