Chapter 5

Annoying

"Little dove, can I share the book with you? I haven't got mine."

"Little dove, look at the teacher's hair. It's flipping."

"Little dove, can I borrow a pen?"

"Little dove—..." "What?!" Adira, fed up with this Marcatto guy's incessant noise and calling her little dove, answered him in an angry whisper. Wow was she annoyed with him already! And it hasn't even been half a day yet!

"You finally turned to me." Archard smiled, like how he smiles to get the girl's fancy. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for Adira at all. He's just some annoying guy in her eyes.

"Please, Mr. Marcatto, could stop annoying me nonstop?" Adira whispered while giving Archard the warning glare. As much as possible, she didn't want anything to do with anyone at all. More so to this annoying Marcatto guy.

"Call me Archard, little dove."

Adira paused for a while. This guy is definitely out of his mind. Just a while ago, he said he'd rather be addressed as Mr. Marcatto or just Marcatto and now he tells me to call him Archard? Which is it?!

"Mr. Marcatto, classes are on going. I'd very much appreciate it if you would shut up." Stop annoying me you bastard. Adira added in her head as she forced out a polite smile and turned to her book again.

"Little dove, you have my permission to call me Archard, you know?" Archard said, enjoying Adira's repulsion from his actions, and leaned across the table while staring at Adira's side profile. Damn, she's beautiful no matter which angle.

"Who needs your... Ehem... permission." Almost cussed there. Control Adira. Control. Adira cleared her throat when a cuss almost slipped from her pure lips. Damn, dealing with this Marcatto guy's taking all that she had not to burst out.

"Well, I do not let just anyone call me with my given name. It's kind of a... Hmm... custom, perhaps?" Archard answered vaguely that piqued Adira's interest. After all, mafias like her family had a weird custom like that as well.

"What—" "Ms. Costello, can you please answer the next question?"

Adira was jolted out of brief pause and shot up while picking her book up in the process. She was lost on which part of the book they were that she was starting to panic. Well, professors rarely call her attention. They usually just ignore she was ever there.

"Umm..."

"Question 4. Answer's 15." She heard a low whisper beside her and she craned her head slightly to find who just helped her and just found Archard's big smile as if he was enjoying things.

Argh! Damn it all. Just shoot, Adira.

"15... Sir." Adira answered and addressed the professor softly, immediately losing the confidence she built up in a brief madness and trust to this Marcatto guy.

"Very good, Miss Costello. To have answered that in such a short time." The professor oddly praised her and gave a soft smile before continuing his lesson.

What the fuck? Was it a hard question?

Adira turned to the annoying guy, who was sporting a grin and gave her a peace sign, before she huffed and turned away.

Maybe... He may not be so bad at all.

Adira thought and chose to turn the other way, out to the cherry blossoms that softly swayed with the breeze.

Fortunately for Adira, Archard stopped bothering her for a while all the way to when the bells rang dismissing the class in the afternoon. She packed her things and stepped out of the classroom without so much as a brief glance to her classmates that continued to chat with each other and the girls surrounding one particular desk—trying to get him to hang out with them.