Chapter 10

I'll die!

After that, Adira once again felt the bitter feeling of having someone estrange you once they discover your family background. She was used to it but also not.

She became more dejected and, when Archard enters her line of sight, she gets uncontrollably angry. So she deliberately avoids him for the next few days and in those days, he's been going to school with more injuries than the day before.

"Hey, have you heard?" A hushed whisper flitted onto Adira's ears that seized her attention as she turned to the two girls in front of her. "That mafia family—"

At the mention of that familiar word, Adira's back tensed and straightened as she strained her ears to hear what the two were whispering to themselves but after mentioning the word—as if it was forbidden and just uttering it could cost you your life—their voices just got incredibly softer.

The only words Adira picked, after leaning forward a bit more and subtly, were ".. wiped out... massacre... demon..."

Which family is it?

Adira mused to herself. If it was a separate organization wrecking havoc in their turf, then it'd be better if she alerted her father about it. But she wasn't sure if it wasn't her own family's doing and  spreading unnecessary fear among the normies.

Couldn't be. They wouldn't do a job as messy as this. They clean up pretty well to the point as if their enemy never existed in this green, green earth in the first place.

Adira assured herself as she lightly patted her chest to calm herself down. Repeating to herself mentally that it didn't have anything to do with her family. That maybe it was another family waging war with another.

As she was chanting calming spells to herself, the door rattled open that seized a couple of eyes towards the newcomer, who sported more injuries than he had yesterday.

Seriously. What's wrong with this dude? New injuries before the past ones even heal.

Adira raised a brow as she glanced his way before gasping slightly and reprimanded herself that she didn't care whatever he does, did or will do! She averted her gaze before she propped her arm up on her desk and leaned her head lazily. Trying to block that overwhelming presence creeping closer to her.

"Adira." A low, chilly, and sexy deep voice softly uttered her name that sent wonderful tingling sensations down her spine before she cautiously turned towards the voice's owner.

She was greeted with his nonchalant, happy smile as if their argument or his attitude the past few days were nothing but an illusion.

"Can you please talk to me now?"

"What?"

"I think I'm dying from not seeing your eyes look my way or from not hearing you call my name or you not paying me attention. I don't like it. It feels like I'm dying."

What the heck is this guy spouting now?! At first he's pushing me away and then now he tells me that he's dying because I haven't been paying him attention?! What the fuck?!

"What nonsense are you talking about, Mr. Marca—" "Archard. Call me Archard, Adira."

Archard cut Adira before she could call him with his family name as he stared deep and straight through her clear sea orbs that revealed a deep obsession for her. An unhealthy obsession.

"No. I won't do that, Mr. Marcatto, that would be rude and inappropriate." Adira stubbornly refused as she straightened her posture and twisted her body, still sitting, so she faced him properly.