| Five |

"You are a werewolf."

Tilting your head to the side, you say nothing to respond to him. All you do is return his sharp gaze with your curious one, while taking a moment to study the look he is giving you before you finally ask him,

"I take it you are not too keen of our kind, are you?"

You could feel the deep spite in his words when he first voiced out his conviction. The emotion and hatred were enough to make the wolf inside you start bristling and growling, and you can feel her pushing forward to take over. But you manage to control her and push her back, all while steadying your voice so he would not be able to sense her anger.

Stay down, it's not like we can do anything to him anyway, you remind her, holding back her powers until she slowly calms down. You truly understand her reaction, however, because the dawning revelation of his own identity is making you restless too.

Out of all the creatures that managed to slip through the trap and find themselves being bound in the cursed trench, you got yourself a freaking Vampire.

Your streak of bad luck truly precedes you.

"Same goes to you," the Vampire scoffs. You can sense his anger toning down, but his eyes are still cautious as he takes you in, no doubt feeling the uneasiness that is building up inside you. Lifting his chin with a newfound cockiness, he continues to sneer at you, "Or at least, your wolf seems to not like me that much."

This time, you let the deep growl slip out of your mouth, allowing your wolf to announce her distaste for his presence. Which certainly is not missed, obviously, when the Vampire responds to it with a chuckle.

"You cannot really blame us, Vampire. We were not raised to recognise your kind as anything that is trustworthy," you let your wolf take over you, finally, and let her speak on your behalf.

The Vampire lets out another scoff and shrugs. "Funny. My—kind has also been warned not to trust you so easily, wolf."

You let another growl slip out from within before you close your eyes, pushing your wolf back and regaining control. "That's enough," you calmly state as you open your eyes, directing the words to both the Vampire and your own beast. "Now that we have proclaimed our fondness towards each other, I suggest we try to be civilised for the time being. We are, in fact, sharing the same predicament," you continue to speak, addressing both of them still and stopping briefly before adding, "Well—Sort of."

The Vampire nods his head politely. "Fair enough. If we are going to be stuck in this place together, might as well be friends, am I right?"

The growl that comes from your beast answers his question for you, making him raise his hands to surrender.