3. Mr. Inconspicuous

***His POV***
(Jaxon)

***His POV***

I sat back in the soft cushioning of my black armchair. I relaxed my tense muscles and took a deep slow breath. It had been a long day and I was happy to just be alone in the darkness of my quiet makeshift office. As I stared out the window at the mountains before me, I took a long sip of my whiskey. They looked so magical under the full moonlight. I never got tired of looking at the view and admiring the glowing landscape that occurred on bright starry nights like this. I took another sip of my drink and let the strong smooth liquid slowly slide down my throat. I sat there thinking about the interesting day I'd just had.

Eight more people arrived for tomorrow's festivities. They mostly all came together, but the ones I was thinking about now, came alone. Some of them knew what was happening, others didn't. If they did know, I'm sure they wouldn't be here willingly without a lot of questions and worry.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't find one or two of the special guests attractive. That happens more often than not. I'll be honest since I'm a lustful man overall I can appreciate the female form in many ways, shapes, and sizes. I try to keep it professional while I'm here. I need a clear mind and clear goals. With all the new people that come and go around here, how could I not at least look and imagine certain things. As I said, I'm a man that appreciates the female form in many ways. It's also not everyday that beautiful women like them show up. Most of the people that I see on a day to day basis around the resort are of a different...more bland persuasion (It's like they're all made from the same basic mold when they come here), When I saw the woman Taviana, also known as Tav, from all my research, I knew there was something about her I wanted to see and know intimately.

I cracked my neck as I shifted in my chair. Tav wasn't the core reason for her invitation, but I was going to make her my side mission anyway. Professionalism be damned. I stood at a distance and watched as they arrived earlier. Taviana and Lana Jones. Yes, I know more about them than they'd probably be comfortable with me, a stranger, knowing. If all goes well, the ladies will never know how much I know or how much I'm involved.

If it weren't for my friend that I've known for over 15 years, I would've passed on these two ladies in a heartbeat. There's too much that could go wrong when you act out of emotion and not logic. I guess this time I was up for a challenge, as long as I don't end up in prison when all is said and done. Sometimes there's a thrill in keeping a big secret or knowing what someone else is clueless about. I think I've always liked that thrill and it's what lead me to my current career.

I didn't think my friend's reasoning was enough for the energy it was going to take me to make his wishes happen. He was reacting without thinking and I got sucked in because I'm a moderately nice guy and loyal beyond my own irritation. I like to ask people if it's possible for them to just let something go before they get in too deep. If they say no, that's when they officially come to me.

"Just do this for me brother. I'll owe you one. I need this. You're my boy for life, remember, and I can't do it without you", My friend said to me.

This friendship might get me into trouble someday. I can hear his words echoing throughout my mind as I sit in the dark. I shook my head and continued to think about earlier.

Hours ago when they arrived, I watched as they strolled up to the entranceway. Tav was the last person to walk up to the door in her group. Her hips swayed as she was dragging her luggage up the low hill. She was obviously frustrated with every other step she took. Some people don't like the pedestrian-only area and I'm guessing by the look she had on her face, she didn't either. I watched as Brad played his game on her just like he's done to so many women before. He always paid the driver to open the luggage, if possible, and procure an item so he could return it and look like a damn hero or something. I'm guessing the driver sent him a picture ahead of time of our guest and he chose Taviana of all people.