prologue

It was raining.. raining heavily.

I was running to get a shelter, nearly drenched from the cold cry of the sky. I was running for a shade to escape the rain.

As I was running, I was swearing my mind for forgetting the umbrella at home today morning. All my belongings were soaked, even the new shoes became covered with mud and water.

The only things I was ever trying to protect were my guitar and song diary, they were the only things I got for myself. That too seemed impossible now because the gigbag was soaked wet, same happened with my bag.

My body was numb from the coldness that came from the downpour.

Splashing water from the waterlogged depressions in the street, I saw a bus stop near me, or at least if was called so. I hurriedly went there.

It seemed to be a very old bus stop, which was not in use anymore. The ceiling was rigged and water dropped from certain places. The light was struggling to work. I secured myself a dry spot on the almost fully wet seat there and sat down

It was a winter day and God knows why it was raining in the already cold weather. Climate has sure gone crazy, just like mankind.

Life was already gloomy enough for me, so I didn't want to add more negativity to this. Meteorology wouldn't stand a chance if I was to compare my life and it on basis of downcast.

I hated to think this way all the time. But I couldn't stop pitying myself and blaming everything on me. Maybe I loved to make myself miserable.

Maybe this sadness was my sole joy.

The guitar was fine but the song diary was drenched and all my songs were gone, smudged away by the winter rain. I held a chunk of wet paper binded in a Low quality cover perfectly messed up.

I couldn't pass the producer audition, my songs are gone. the guitar will be gone too someday, then I will be all alone again. No songs, no music to give me company.

I sighed, my head low still holding my soaked possession.

But I was not crying, no. I didn't even realize that my lips formed a smile a long time ago. And now I was giggling. The next thing I know I will do is laugh hysterically at my state.

You deserve it.

tears were streaming down my eyes and i kept chuckling

few minutes went by like that

I raised my head in order to look outside. The rain had reduced by then. tears also dried on my face and my inner mouth felt pain from all the cackling earlier.

Even the downpour stopped for a sometime, I was sure it would rain again, the sky still had lots of dark clouds.

I decided to escape in this little break. I did not have money to book a cab. If I ran fast, I would reach. My body was used to this.

I got up and took my belongings from there. I had no intention of throwing away the damped diary.

I was so caught up with myself that I did not even notice a polythene bag lying far away in the other end of the seat. My eyes went there and I stood there thinking about obvious thoughts.

Who left this here? Should I see what's inside it?

Even though my conscience told me to not intrude because it was not mine. This was a perfect reason. But my interest was bigger than anything right now

I went to pick up the bag

A diary??

Yes, a diary in there. A very good quality diary which even smelt nice.

I was surprised and stood there disfunctional for a second.

There was a sticky note on the newfound item

"Happy Birthday dear. I am really sorry if I ever caused you any problems. Even if we broke up I don't want us to end on a bitter note. I want the best for you, I hope you find someone who would understand you better than me. I'm moving to US next month. I don't know if we'll ever meet again so I'm writing you this, I know how much you love music and write songs, I hope you use this diary to write the break up songs, love songs, every kind of song that you want. Stay healthy and happy. I've moved on, please let's get over each other but stay friends. I will always love you. I changed my contact number so I'll leave it here."

Huh? a phone number?