First Day

"Pit! Come eat breakfast! I know your awake! You know what day it is!"

Upstairs and inside one of the many rooms of Palutena's Palace, a young angel lay awake in bed. Groaning, Pit scowled before pulling his pillow over his head. After a moment of silence, the goddess of light spoke up with a louder voice.

"Pit, get down here at once! Don't make me come up there!"

After no response, Pit began to hear footsteps approaching his door. Just as it opened, the angel pretended to be asleep.

Palutena shifted her weight to one foot while crossing her arms. Uncrossing them and placing them on her hips, she spoke up again.

"I know your not asleep, Pit."

Pit sighed as he tossed his pillow to the side and sat up.

"Lady Palutena, I really don't feel like school is the right place to be."

Closing the door behind her and perching on the bed, Pit's motherly figure placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.

"I know you had a tough time in school last year, being bullied and all, but maybe those children have grown up and matured."

"Yeah...maybe..."

"Then maybe you should do the same. Face your fear and stand up for yourself. You can't let everyone push you around like that. I know you can survive the first day of angel school, Pit."

The angel looked away with disappointment filling his features.

"Hey, if anything goes wrong, just remember that Dark Pit should be there. Maybe he'll protect you."

Pit chuckled.

"Nah...he doesn't like me..."

He grinned as his cheeks turned pink.

Palutena shook her head while closing her green eyes.

"You know that's not true."

Examining the brunette for a while, a smirk slowly made it's way to her face.

"Does my little Pitty Pat have a crush on someone?"

Jumping up, Pit shook his head and willed the pink to fade from his cheeks.

"N-no way! A-anyway, would you mind leaving?" The angel motioned to his sleepwear, consisting of the black tank top and black shorts he usually wore under his everyday outfit. "I kinda have to change before eating breakfast."

Holding her hands up in defense, Palutena chuckled before standing up and backing away slowly.

"Heheh, okay my little Peach Pit."

Pit blushed furiously with a frown from the nickname.

"I was merely suggesting that you may have a crush on a certain someone, but maybe it's just me. Anyway, hurry up and change so I can finish breakfast and transport you to school."

The green-haired goddess closed Pit's door to give him some privacy.

Sighing, Pit flopped onto his bed in exhaustion. He stayed like that for a few minutes before groaning and standing up. He lazily tugged his shirt over his head, being careful not to harm his wings in the process. He disposed of his shorts also, leaving him in undergarments.

Walking to his closet, he opened it and pulled out a clean matching pair of shorts and tank top along with a clean toga. He slipped them on easily before walking over to his desk, where he equiped his accesories, finishing off with his laurel crown.